Scrimm
Apr 22, 08:23 PM
Sumone brought this macbook to me to get the password removed, but i cant boot from any install discs.
the system has ox x 10.6.7 on it.
booting from the sno leopard disc gives my a grey screan telling me i must reboot.
any help would b greately appreciated.
thnx
the system has ox x 10.6.7 on it.
booting from the sno leopard disc gives my a grey screan telling me i must reboot.
any help would b greately appreciated.
thnx
simsaladimbamba
Apr 26, 07:11 PM
mds – what MDS process is and why it uses CPU on the Mac (http://osxdaily.com/2010/08/05/mds-mac/)
via "mac mds (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=what+is+mds&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&pq=what%20is%20mds&xhr=t&q=mac+mds&cp=6&qe=bWFjIG1k&qesig=1YtJX6jpzkbNaWLM6iCfkQ&pkc=AFgZ2tlUwpjgAFt1seoL03zjbi6K8LS879Cel2zrIMfg5iUr2BRJ4Jcw6uskM5yI89Eb-UBOwU7_9ZXSNIlHsfaGEQuOyCKibg&pf=p&sclient=psy&client=safari&rls=en&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=mac+md&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=bc166708d7d3200e)"
via "mac mds (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=what+is+mds&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&pq=what%20is%20mds&xhr=t&q=mac+mds&cp=6&qe=bWFjIG1k&qesig=1YtJX6jpzkbNaWLM6iCfkQ&pkc=AFgZ2tlUwpjgAFt1seoL03zjbi6K8LS879Cel2zrIMfg5iUr2BRJ4Jcw6uskM5yI89Eb-UBOwU7_9ZXSNIlHsfaGEQuOyCKibg&pf=p&sclient=psy&client=safari&rls=en&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=mac+md&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=bc166708d7d3200e)"
Seasought
Dec 2, 09:03 AM
Fascinating. I'll look into it.
Rychy
Apr 30, 12:01 PM
Also, it may be worth your while becoming familiar with some of the major content-management systems out there if you have time (Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal - listed roughly in order of increasing complexity/power).
We messed with Drupal for a little bit and honestly at the time I wasn't a huge fan, but I think part of it was because I don't know PHP. I do think it's worth getting to know though, so I'll be working with it more. Might check out Wordpress too since people seem to like it.
Also, like someone else said, make sure your design is consistent across different browsers. Since you are learning, you're probably looking at a lot of divs and what not. Divs are nifty, but browsers don't agree with them 90% of the time. This means grabbing a copy of Windows, downloading Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, and 9 to make sure everything looks correct. This is one of every designer/developers biggest complaints and why Internet Explorer is hated beyond words.
Yeah, I already didn't like Internet Explorer, but since I've started web design... I wish I could pretend it didn't exist.
We messed with Drupal for a little bit and honestly at the time I wasn't a huge fan, but I think part of it was because I don't know PHP. I do think it's worth getting to know though, so I'll be working with it more. Might check out Wordpress too since people seem to like it.
Also, like someone else said, make sure your design is consistent across different browsers. Since you are learning, you're probably looking at a lot of divs and what not. Divs are nifty, but browsers don't agree with them 90% of the time. This means grabbing a copy of Windows, downloading Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8, and 9 to make sure everything looks correct. This is one of every designer/developers biggest complaints and why Internet Explorer is hated beyond words.
Yeah, I already didn't like Internet Explorer, but since I've started web design... I wish I could pretend it didn't exist.
abchurst
Apr 27, 05:12 PM
OK - my husband just joined this century and got the iPhone. The problem I now have found is in our contacts, i tunes has combined my contacts and his contacts to make a ginormous list. Is there a way that I can have my contacts and he can have his contacts....
How do I do that?
Thanks in advance
Debbie:confused:
How do I do that?
Thanks in advance
Debbie:confused:
sharpycl
May 4, 08:31 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
Ditto here. I've never been able to sync my notes with gmail.
Ditto here. I've never been able to sync my notes with gmail.
winwintoo
Sep 25, 06:33 PM
Have you looked at PinPoint (http://www.macchampion.com/pinpoint_download.shtml) It's shareware ($10) and the default installation puts a red circle around your mouse if you leave it idle for a period of time or if you hit a hotkey. You get to set the time period and / or the hotkey.
If you're bored, you can draw your own "finding" graphic.
HTH Margaret
If you're bored, you can draw your own "finding" graphic.
HTH Margaret
Lyle
Apr 16, 06:29 PM
Yes, it's confusing. Go to App Store, Purchases, Xcode, then click INSTALL. That won't actually install the product, but is going to put "Install Xcode" into your Applications folder. You launch it, and that installs the new version.Thanks for this. I finished downloading the 4.0.2 update from the App Store and launched Xcode and it still claimed to be running version 4.0. Didn't know what was going on there!
CraigB3
Mar 9, 07:59 AM
Hi guys.
Ive done a bit of searching round but couldnt find a definite answer.
Im currently selling my copy of Logic Studio 8.
However, someone has asked me if i have already registered the product, which i have, and was wondering if they will have any problems using the software when they get it? Also will they be able to register it in their name?
Thanks
Ive done a bit of searching round but couldnt find a definite answer.
Im currently selling my copy of Logic Studio 8.
However, someone has asked me if i have already registered the product, which i have, and was wondering if they will have any problems using the software when they get it? Also will they be able to register it in their name?
Thanks
Ecodisk
Dec 15, 05:20 PM
Did I read that auction incorrectly or did you score a G3 B&W for $15+shipping? WOW. I think I need to start looking on ebay for this stuff!
Yah I sat there down to the last second not believing that I just won it for $15. So I started to think something was wrong with it, but so far no one on here has noticed anything other then the guy saying it had a PS/2 port
Yah I sat there down to the last second not believing that I just won it for $15. So I started to think something was wrong with it, but so far no one on here has noticed anything other then the guy saying it had a PS/2 port
modernmacintosh
Apr 24, 11:28 PM
So...can anyone tell me why with Airplay iPhone gaming cannot stream to the AppleTV?
Imagine it right. Tapping on the iPhone screen with on screen controls but the TV showing the actual game being played.
Imagine it right. Tapping on the iPhone screen with on screen controls but the TV showing the actual game being played.
Afro Blu
Mar 9, 07:43 PM
GreenPois0n didn't install Cydia or Loader for me. Did you work for you guys?
iFoggy
Apr 27, 10:26 PM
Thanks Patrick, much appreciated.
mgartner0622
Feb 2, 11:43 AM
Hello,
I was wondering if it would be possible to get a sticky with the title along the lines of "Buy now or wait" ?
Once opened, the sticky could have the overused words "If you need it, buy it, if you don't, wait" as well as a link to the MacRumors buyer's guide. More specific information could also be added depending on the forum location. (Such as MacBook Pro)
This question gets asked daily, and I feel it might help users before asking.
Thank you.
I was wondering if it would be possible to get a sticky with the title along the lines of "Buy now or wait" ?
Once opened, the sticky could have the overused words "If you need it, buy it, if you don't, wait" as well as a link to the MacRumors buyer's guide. More specific information could also be added depending on the forum location. (Such as MacBook Pro)
This question gets asked daily, and I feel it might help users before asking.
Thank you.
GGJstudios
May 4, 04:23 PM
You may get better response to your thread with this tip (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11815146&postcount=2).
twoodcc
Mar 6, 10:37 PM
cheers for the quick reply twoodcc. i have the console version installed too. its working now.
the GUI version doesnt let you do anything, just think of the TM preferences! its that... lol.
i can run the console version if need be, any hints to change preferences etc? its currently using ~770% of my CPU lol - i dont want it that hot.
i can't recall all the setting for the pref pane, but i know you can start the console version with the -configonly parameter to configure the client.
but let me ask, what machine are you running this on? and which client are you running?
the GUI version doesnt let you do anything, just think of the TM preferences! its that... lol.
i can run the console version if need be, any hints to change preferences etc? its currently using ~770% of my CPU lol - i dont want it that hot.
i can't recall all the setting for the pref pane, but i know you can start the console version with the -configonly parameter to configure the client.
but let me ask, what machine are you running this on? and which client are you running?
Young Spade
Apr 15, 02:08 PM
I would love to get some, granted I'm pretty sure it would slow down the speed of me typing :/
tutiplain
Apr 15, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone,
My Xcode 4's Organizer window shows that my provision profile should be valid for 10 more days, and yet, when I select iOS Device to test my app, Xcode reports that it cant find any provisioned devices. Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this problem? (I just installed the provisioning profile today, since my previous one had expired five days ago. I also have Xcode 3 installed in another folder, don't know if that affects anything).
Many thanks for any info.
My Xcode 4's Organizer window shows that my provision profile should be valid for 10 more days, and yet, when I select iOS Device to test my app, Xcode reports that it cant find any provisioned devices. Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot this problem? (I just installed the provisioning profile today, since my previous one had expired five days ago. I also have Xcode 3 installed in another folder, don't know if that affects anything).
Many thanks for any info.
FSUSem1noles
Apr 6, 05:24 AM
I'm trying to enable multitasking gestures in Xcode. I start the application, make sure I'm viewing the organizer window, but there's no section for Devices. All my iDevices show up in iTunes but not Xcode for some reason.
Any ideas?
What version XCode are you running? If I remember correctly minimum version is 3.2.6
Any ideas?
What version XCode are you running? If I remember correctly minimum version is 3.2.6
Daveway
Jan 8, 10:59 PM
This is a sad situation. You shouldn't have to go through this, our justice system needs adjusting.
Dute
May 5, 02:38 PM
Wow, that is great. Does the amount of the student discount depend on school, or is it the same regardless? Also, I called Apple store and they told me that the student discount is anywhere from $50 to $200. I configured the iMac online (Apple's site Education Store) and the difference between a regular price and the student price is $135. $2,349 (reg. price) vs. $2,214 (student price). What am I missing? 3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 2TB Serial ATA Drive, everything else is default.
The low end 21" gets a $50 discount, the rest get a $100.
MBP's get a $100 discount for the 13" and base 15" model. The higher end 15" and 17" models get a $200 discount.
I picked up a 27" yesterday, and received the $100 education discount.
The low end 21" gets a $50 discount, the rest get a $100.
MBP's get a $100 discount for the 13" and base 15" model. The higher end 15" and 17" models get a $200 discount.
I picked up a 27" yesterday, and received the $100 education discount.
Jaffa Cake
Feb 16, 05:07 PM
When a paper like the Daily Mail runs a story, most people tend to ignore it.
They'll probably be claiming he caught cancer off an eastern European, or an iPod or something.
They'll probably be claiming he caught cancer off an eastern European, or an iPod or something.
Fredstar
Jun 30, 03:43 PM
You will not ship this to US, even if I pay shipping costs?
simsaladimbamba
May 3, 07:36 PM
Maybe this can help:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=914340
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=914340
No comments:
Post a Comment