
MaTiCeK
Nov 14, 09:37 AM
I've updated my MBP 1.83 Core Duo without any problems. It's been running now for 4 hours. The temperature stayed the same, but I have reapplied the thermal compund in the past, so heat hasn't been an issue since.

The.316
Jan 7, 07:43 AM
Mine:

dwsolberg
Apr 22, 01:01 PM
The revenue model for iPad magazines is just not going to work right now.
First, almost without exception, it's cheaper to get a print magazine mailed to me. I think few people can stomach paying more for electronic delivery, especially when there is SO, SO much free content online. This is the major problem, and it's not likely to change anytime soon.
Second, publishers are trying to make magazines more interactive, and this is very expensive. It takes a lot of time from designers, photographers, and so on. This increases costs and reduces available content on apps like The Daily. Instead, they should focus on adding content and making it easier to find and save. For example, why not a "clippings" section where you can save and print articles you like (ads on the page, though)?
Third, ads need to become more a part of online magazines. If I'm looking for a new iPad cover, I should be able to search ads in the MacWorld magazine. Adding user reviews a la Amazon would be even better. If the publishers want to add interactive features, ads are probably the most effective way to do this.
First, almost without exception, it's cheaper to get a print magazine mailed to me. I think few people can stomach paying more for electronic delivery, especially when there is SO, SO much free content online. This is the major problem, and it's not likely to change anytime soon.
Second, publishers are trying to make magazines more interactive, and this is very expensive. It takes a lot of time from designers, photographers, and so on. This increases costs and reduces available content on apps like The Daily. Instead, they should focus on adding content and making it easier to find and save. For example, why not a "clippings" section where you can save and print articles you like (ads on the page, though)?
Third, ads need to become more a part of online magazines. If I'm looking for a new iPad cover, I should be able to search ads in the MacWorld magazine. Adding user reviews a la Amazon would be even better. If the publishers want to add interactive features, ads are probably the most effective way to do this.
ZoomZoomZoom
Sep 12, 04:22 PM
Anyhow, stuff usually has to grow on me, I guess I'm just an old school type :)
In this case, shrink, rather :p
In this case, shrink, rather :p
skunk
May 1, 10:31 AM
Now I'm a second class citizen in my own country
It's no longer your country. :(
What on earth are you two on about? :confused:
It's no longer your country. :(
What on earth are you two on about? :confused:
Peace
Oct 13, 01:09 AM
RadarWeb is the bug reporting portal for Developers.
Jaffa Cake
Sep 12, 11:07 AM
A magnificent stay at the crease and it's just won us the ASHES!!!!!!!!!!!!Hang on there... this is an English sports team we're talking about here, don't forget. Surely there's some way we can still blow it? ;) :p
svtrsst
Apr 5, 08:23 PM
you might get mad or even pissed just by watching that, you might also think what a waste, but look it this way.. an ipad 500 bucks+ the guys salary.. i dunno? 300 maximum for doing this?, then the cameras man and editing, another 300 for each guy, so thats about 1500.. youtube is free and a lot of people have watched the publicity, i think that its actually working for them this way lol
TallManNY
Apr 12, 07:37 AM
And in other news, Apple decides not to set piles of money on fire.
Seriously, it is going to take until the end of the Summer just for Apple to get the iPad 2 fully released worldwide and not still have long lines and delays. Then Apple will settle down, optimize the production, drive costs down a little bit, and get ready to rake in the profit as iPad 2 continues to sell briskly through Christmas. Releasing another iPad would just mean continued bottlenecks of supply, more research costs and higher production costs. Why do that when it still looks like Apple can sell every iPad 2 it can make?
I think the next iPad gets retina or something close to it. But that will require technical improvements in battery, power consumption and cost decreases for the display. I'm not sure when that will be economically feasible.
Seriously, it is going to take until the end of the Summer just for Apple to get the iPad 2 fully released worldwide and not still have long lines and delays. Then Apple will settle down, optimize the production, drive costs down a little bit, and get ready to rake in the profit as iPad 2 continues to sell briskly through Christmas. Releasing another iPad would just mean continued bottlenecks of supply, more research costs and higher production costs. Why do that when it still looks like Apple can sell every iPad 2 it can make?
I think the next iPad gets retina or something close to it. But that will require technical improvements in battery, power consumption and cost decreases for the display. I'm not sure when that will be economically feasible.
Lacero
Sep 9, 05:37 PM
OSX 10.5 Leopard
http://www.scalespace.org/2003/images/leopard%20man%20of%20skye.jpg
No piercing this time, though. But chiseled teeth.
http://www.scalespace.org/2003/images/leopard%20man%20of%20skye.jpg
No piercing this time, though. But chiseled teeth.

iliketyla
Mar 29, 07:40 PM
The day the iPhone was introduced, the Smartphone Market became an iPhone-alike Market, and to produce an iPhone-alike phone, you need access to Apple's patents. That's what Nokia is after, or else it's dead. Making-out with Microsoft doesn't give Nokia everything it needs, and leaves it open to litigation: they say that attack is the best form of defence, so Nokia is just doing what it thinks it needs to do to survive.
I have relatives living in various 3rd-world countries, and even the less-well-off wouldn't buy a 3GS, but they are willing to pay top dollar (or the local eq) for the iPhone4.
Tanker-loads of Nokia faithful are dumping their Nokia phones for iPhones and Blackberrys -- even Android has a long fight ahead of it in these (non-geek/techy) markets.
Any credibility you had went out the window when you blatantly revealed your bias in the first sentence.
I have relatives living in various 3rd-world countries, and even the less-well-off wouldn't buy a 3GS, but they are willing to pay top dollar (or the local eq) for the iPhone4.
Tanker-loads of Nokia faithful are dumping their Nokia phones for iPhones and Blackberrys -- even Android has a long fight ahead of it in these (non-geek/techy) markets.
Any credibility you had went out the window when you blatantly revealed your bias in the first sentence.
koruki
Apr 4, 11:17 PM
Me thinks they made that prediction based on the past few years totoally not clued in on the recent news and event information...

thedon1
Jan 3, 10:09 AM
My MBP
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Screen%20Caps/Screenshot2011-01-02at33043AM.png
Can you upload the original of the one on your MBP, it's really good.
Thanks
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/babyboy_hot2005/Screen%20Caps/Screenshot2011-01-02at33043AM.png
Can you upload the original of the one on your MBP, it's really good.
Thanks
MacRuler
Apr 15, 11:19 AM
"rules are rules"?:cool: they can make any rule and we to follow it? should i ask if i can bring a pen to school?
CiBoys
Sep 12, 01:31 PM
WOOOOOOOOOW :D
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/09/shuffle.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/09/shuffle.jpg
Bacong
Apr 4, 11:40 AM
+1 from me when my taxes come.
bluebomberman
Oct 14, 03:27 PM
That, in short, is why it's wrong to paint all Ivy Leaguers with the same broad brush.
So it's okay to generalize about Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Brown, and Columbia, but not the whole Ivy League? Please. Have you considered *not* generalizing, period?
And for the record, I switched two years ago. So I guess I'm a switcheur. Sorry if I don't meet your standards of excellence.:rolleyes: I'll just go on using my iMac, not because I enjoy it, but because I wanna hook up with a Princeton sugar mommy. :rolleyes:
So it's okay to generalize about Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Brown, and Columbia, but not the whole Ivy League? Please. Have you considered *not* generalizing, period?
And for the record, I switched two years ago. So I guess I'm a switcheur. Sorry if I don't meet your standards of excellence.:rolleyes: I'll just go on using my iMac, not because I enjoy it, but because I wanna hook up with a Princeton sugar mommy. :rolleyes:
macman312
Apr 5, 03:45 AM
There will be a lot of unhappy customers if there isn't a new iPhone this June, people have come to expect a new one every summer.
AGREED or Apple, If you read this the HTC pyramid will probably come out around then (conf nxt tueday) so if they see that then they will get a wriggle on with the production.... If it does come out in june Apple, Please release by July 2 so I can buy it on a new contract
Thanks
AGREED or Apple, If you read this the HTC pyramid will probably come out around then (conf nxt tueday) so if they see that then they will get a wriggle on with the production.... If it does come out in june Apple, Please release by July 2 so I can buy it on a new contract
Thanks
robby818
May 4, 02:43 PM
http://ios.e-lite.org/
Downloaded firmwares for all my iOS devices in a couple of minutes. Go go multithreaded download manager!
Is iPad 2,2 = AT&T and iPad 2,3 = Verizon? Thanks for the link BTW.
Downloaded firmwares for all my iOS devices in a couple of minutes. Go go multithreaded download manager!
Is iPad 2,2 = AT&T and iPad 2,3 = Verizon? Thanks for the link BTW.
lifeofart
Jul 12, 06:14 PM
wow people are so worried about magnisium being used. First off you dont use the stuff in it pure form. In the pure form it is way to reactive to be used. Make an Alloy out of it an boom you got something really good.
Heck most stuff made out of alluim is not made made out pure Al. Most of the time it is an Al. The alloy metal is normally li (the lightest of all metals but highly reactive)
It be some alloy metal with it.
Heck steel is an alloy. up to about 4% carbon by weight. Most metals we used to day are some alloy.
Apple knows what they are doing.
I use to have a motorcycle that had a magnesium alloy block. Believe me that block got a heck of lot hotter than any ipod or powerbook, it took an infinite more amout of abuse, and it was as light as a feather.
Bring on the Merom, Magnesium, Macbook or Triple M book.
Heck most stuff made out of alluim is not made made out pure Al. Most of the time it is an Al. The alloy metal is normally li (the lightest of all metals but highly reactive)
It be some alloy metal with it.
Heck steel is an alloy. up to about 4% carbon by weight. Most metals we used to day are some alloy.
Apple knows what they are doing.
I use to have a motorcycle that had a magnesium alloy block. Believe me that block got a heck of lot hotter than any ipod or powerbook, it took an infinite more amout of abuse, and it was as light as a feather.
Bring on the Merom, Magnesium, Macbook or Triple M book.
chanpo
Jun 15, 01:39 PM
In theory and on paper, if you pre-order one you will get it on launch day. BestBuy stores will be allocated the required number of iPhones based upon the number of pre-orders they receive. The only way I could see you not getting one on launch day, is if more pre-orders occurred than were currently manufactured, the shipments get lost or damaged or stolen, or if too large an amount of people try to signup for pre-orders.
If the store only has 1-2 mobile registers, and it takes about 20 minutes to process 1 client (average will be much higher), figure 3 people per hour for about 15 hours (7AM opening to 10PM closing), multiplied by two registers. That's roughly 90 people. As rough as those numbers are, you've got to guesstimate what the chances are of that many people pre-ordering at your nearest BestBuy. At some stores in my area I would be surprised to see half that number pre-order the phone. At other stores I would expect several hundred.
A pretty fair assumption is, that if you are allowed to pre-order then that BestBuy store should be confident that they will have stock levels that will allow you to get a phone. There is a master list so it's not like buying movie tickets, you'll be able to see or ask how many people pre-ordered before you.
Bloodbone, I was 1st to preorder 2 White 32GB iPhones for my sister and me at the local Best Buy. If what you say is true, then I should get them on launch June 24th, right? What about the rumors of the white iPhones being delayed up to a month after launch?
If the store only has 1-2 mobile registers, and it takes about 20 minutes to process 1 client (average will be much higher), figure 3 people per hour for about 15 hours (7AM opening to 10PM closing), multiplied by two registers. That's roughly 90 people. As rough as those numbers are, you've got to guesstimate what the chances are of that many people pre-ordering at your nearest BestBuy. At some stores in my area I would be surprised to see half that number pre-order the phone. At other stores I would expect several hundred.
A pretty fair assumption is, that if you are allowed to pre-order then that BestBuy store should be confident that they will have stock levels that will allow you to get a phone. There is a master list so it's not like buying movie tickets, you'll be able to see or ask how many people pre-ordered before you.
Bloodbone, I was 1st to preorder 2 White 32GB iPhones for my sister and me at the local Best Buy. If what you say is true, then I should get them on launch June 24th, right? What about the rumors of the white iPhones being delayed up to a month after launch?
ECUpirate44
Mar 1, 02:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LmvYi.jpg
Feeling nostalgic? I hope you are.
Thats pretty :p
Feeling nostalgic? I hope you are.
Thats pretty :p
Transporteur
May 1, 01:05 PM
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?dm=true&oc=bw1s14a0&nc=true&c=US&l=EN&cs=04
I don't know, looks to me like a Dell T5500 with no monitor and configured fairly close to the base Mac Pro costs $2962.00 after a $520 discount. Its three-year warranty is more like Apple Care. The processor is slightly faster and the RAM runs at 1333MHz. The Dell needs an optional FW card but doesn't say whether it's FW400 or 800. Also I didn't see a mention of optical sound.
That's a dual processor version, you can compare that machine with the octad or dual hex Mac Pro when you select the same processors, but not with the base Mac Pro.
I don't know, looks to me like a Dell T5500 with no monitor and configured fairly close to the base Mac Pro costs $2962.00 after a $520 discount. Its three-year warranty is more like Apple Care. The processor is slightly faster and the RAM runs at 1333MHz. The Dell needs an optional FW card but doesn't say whether it's FW400 or 800. Also I didn't see a mention of optical sound.
That's a dual processor version, you can compare that machine with the octad or dual hex Mac Pro when you select the same processors, but not with the base Mac Pro.
LouieSamman
Oct 17, 02:44 AM
...yes please...we need trim support badly!!!!!!!!!
What's trim support?
What's trim support?
No comments:
Post a Comment