Kirbdog
Mar 7, 07:33 PM
I'm using a D-Link DI-514 I got back in September. It was good when my roommates and I ran 3 desktop PC's and an XBox off it. Since it I got a Powerbook and use airport around the apartment the bitrate drops off during use. The only way I found to fix it is to reset the router. I usually have to do this every other day. Its about what one can expect for 30 bucks. So far today has been good, yesterday I had to reset it twice. The price is good but the performance is definatly lacking.

Applespider
Feb 22, 05:43 PM
OK - obvious stuff first
has he got extra RAM installed? If yes, take it out and see if the problems still happen Does he have enough memory to have countless intensive apps open? If he's trying to run Photoshop/Dreamweaver and iMovie on 256MB, an iBook might not be too happy.
Has he got any devices attached - USB modems/scanners/external HDs
If he logs in as a new user, do the problems still happen? Is the problem in his account or in the system?
If you try all these and things are still screwed, you may have to reinstall the system. It's very easy to do an Archive and Install on OS X and takes 1 to 2 hours depending on the size of the HD
has he got extra RAM installed? If yes, take it out and see if the problems still happen Does he have enough memory to have countless intensive apps open? If he's trying to run Photoshop/Dreamweaver and iMovie on 256MB, an iBook might not be too happy.
Has he got any devices attached - USB modems/scanners/external HDs
If he logs in as a new user, do the problems still happen? Is the problem in his account or in the system?
If you try all these and things are still screwed, you may have to reinstall the system. It's very easy to do an Archive and Install on OS X and takes 1 to 2 hours depending on the size of the HD
gkarris
Apr 27, 05:04 PM
OH BOY!
(*runs out and starts charging up credit cards...*)
:eek:
(*runs out and starts charging up credit cards...*)
:eek:
jonasmac
Feb 13, 10:08 PM
I would have bought this for $475....

Aatos.1
Jan 7, 04:07 AM
Nice work! Thanks for sharing.
onthecouchagain
Apr 26, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the answers, you two.
The lack of screen real estate is one of the things I lament about my 13" Pro; everything just feels cramped when I start opening more programs. If reading the smaller texts is not an issue for 13" Air users, I think the switch will be safe. I will wait and see what the Air refresh brings...
If any other 13" Air owners want to chime in, I'd love to hear more.
The lack of screen real estate is one of the things I lament about my 13" Pro; everything just feels cramped when I start opening more programs. If reading the smaller texts is not an issue for 13" Air users, I think the switch will be safe. I will wait and see what the Air refresh brings...
If any other 13" Air owners want to chime in, I'd love to hear more.
MacBytes
Jun 22, 08:11 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple Store Paris Le Louvre in Fire! (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20100622211111)
Description:: none
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple Store Paris Le Louvre in Fire! (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20100622211111)
Description:: none
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug
Shannighan
Jun 21, 12:16 PM
I just received an email reminder to pick up my iPhone at the Apple store on the 24th.
Don't panic
Aug 16, 07:10 PM
cool. Is it you?
HasanDaddy
Jun 24, 06:43 AM
Headed out to Fashion Island in Newport now
I'll do my best to update
I'll do my best to update
marc11
Apr 6, 01:19 PM
Best Buy shows the Macbook as "Back ordered" so there may be some truth in a refresh soon....
silverblack
Apr 7, 04:57 PM
Check out iAnnotate PDF.
vincenz
Apr 6, 10:31 AM
Interesting...haven't heard of this from anywhere before.

saberahul
Mar 17, 09:56 PM
LOL No, that's the company store and it still exists.
http://www.apple.com/companystore/
Quite an upgrade from 1997 I'd say :p
http://www.apple.com/companystore/
Quite an upgrade from 1997 I'd say :p

meltedcaramel
Feb 18, 10:22 PM
First impressions:
I like the version with the blue colored area.
The placement of "consultant" seems odd to me. I'm not sure if you're a Sales Rep Consultant (and it didn't fit on one line), or if you're a Sales Rep and a Consultant.
I'd be curious to see what the card looks like if the letters within the blue area were black rather than the light color.
Thanks for your opinion.
I have added image with black text replace the lighter colour. (Image 3)
I added consultant there because my role is kind of both, but more of a rep than a consultant (mainly added it because I wanted to cover the empty space).
Also, I added a green business card for a fruit and vege business. Is it too green in your opinion? As you can see Im a fan of 2-3 colours per image only ^^''
Again, appreciate the help.
I like the version with the blue colored area.
The placement of "consultant" seems odd to me. I'm not sure if you're a Sales Rep Consultant (and it didn't fit on one line), or if you're a Sales Rep and a Consultant.
I'd be curious to see what the card looks like if the letters within the blue area were black rather than the light color.
Thanks for your opinion.
I have added image with black text replace the lighter colour. (Image 3)
I added consultant there because my role is kind of both, but more of a rep than a consultant (mainly added it because I wanted to cover the empty space).
Also, I added a green business card for a fruit and vege business. Is it too green in your opinion? As you can see Im a fan of 2-3 colours per image only ^^''
Again, appreciate the help.
dubbz
Dec 4, 04:25 AM
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Folding@Home was also planning to use BOINC somewhere in the future.
wiggy4ever
Dec 10, 06:16 PM
Just wanted to add....I use that same one with my ibook g3 and it works like a charm. That price is a definite steal.

Cybergypsy
Jun 30, 08:41 AM
Used an iPhone for a month or two, what?
NO!!! Check the top the gry razr,....put it on the same thread :(
just looking what i paid and shippingfor the iphone........
NO!!! Check the top the gry razr,....put it on the same thread :(
just looking what i paid and shippingfor the iphone........
Shawnpk
Apr 28, 10:43 PM
Maybe you pushed it all the way back to the last "hidden" page of your iPhone.
MacsRgr8
Sep 24, 04:41 AM
Take Page 3 and add a common domain suffix ;)
LOL!
Going...to...page...press...< COMMAND >...< D >... :p
LOL!
Going...to...page...press...< COMMAND >...< D >... :p
Benguitar
Jan 5, 12:58 PM
Maybe his lens wont go any wider? adjusting the aperture would also alter the depth of field!
Nice shot! :) Wel composed! :)
Good point, :rolleyes:
Like I said, By no means take my comment too seriously, Because I am not a professional.
Still think it's a great shot though-
Nice shot! :) Wel composed! :)
Good point, :rolleyes:
Like I said, By no means take my comment too seriously, Because I am not a professional.
Still think it's a great shot though-
systole
Mar 26, 08:22 PM
It will be interesting to see if the actual patent applies to just the nook color (my bet) or extends to both models.
Ugg
May 6, 07:03 PM
Belief in Conspiracies Linked to Machiavellian Mindset (http://www.miller-mccune.com/culture-society/belief-in-conspiracies-linked-to-machiavellian-mindset-30295/)
�These studies suggest that people who have more lax personal morality may endorse conspiracy theories to a greater extent because they are, on average, more willing to participate in the conspiracies themselves.�
The theme of the conspiratorially-minded television series The X-Files was �trust no one.� Perhaps it should be amended to read: �Trust no one � especially devoted fans of The X-Files.�
It's a rather timely study. So, we know that those who crow "conspiracy" the loudest are probably conspiring at that very moment.
�These studies suggest that people who have more lax personal morality may endorse conspiracy theories to a greater extent because they are, on average, more willing to participate in the conspiracies themselves.�
The theme of the conspiratorially-minded television series The X-Files was �trust no one.� Perhaps it should be amended to read: �Trust no one � especially devoted fans of The X-Files.�
It's a rather timely study. So, we know that those who crow "conspiracy" the loudest are probably conspiring at that very moment.
obrien234
Sep 18, 10:11 AM
not to sound mean or anything, but why do you need two mac's at 13? I mean I'm 18, at college, and I still run off a 400 MHz G3.
Secondly, iBooks are meant to be durable and portable. I think it can handle being carried around (especially with a sleeve and/or case)
Thirdly and most importantly, coming from a kid who is fresh into college and didn't realize how expensive living on your own is, you should save that money for something later in life. Instead of buying a new Mac (although it is tempting to get yourself a new mac, you don't need it) ask your mom is she will still give you the same amount if you want to invest your money. Save towards getting a car or towards school. Investing early is never a bad decision.
Having two Macs is not a bad setup, but usually people have a portable and desktop because they run processor extensive stuff on there desktop. If you're thinking about an eMac, its not because you need the processor power, its because you just want a new computer. I really believe you should hold off on a new computer for a while. Sorry to be reasonable, but everyone in these forums are so excited about new Macs they don't really think of their computing needs. But that's just my opinion.
Secondly, iBooks are meant to be durable and portable. I think it can handle being carried around (especially with a sleeve and/or case)
Thirdly and most importantly, coming from a kid who is fresh into college and didn't realize how expensive living on your own is, you should save that money for something later in life. Instead of buying a new Mac (although it is tempting to get yourself a new mac, you don't need it) ask your mom is she will still give you the same amount if you want to invest your money. Save towards getting a car or towards school. Investing early is never a bad decision.
Having two Macs is not a bad setup, but usually people have a portable and desktop because they run processor extensive stuff on there desktop. If you're thinking about an eMac, its not because you need the processor power, its because you just want a new computer. I really believe you should hold off on a new computer for a while. Sorry to be reasonable, but everyone in these forums are so excited about new Macs they don't really think of their computing needs. But that's just my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment