Severum
Mar 19, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure the hellos are done here, however, I'm now fully converted and have just recently purchased a 2010 Mac Mini Server which fits into my home cinema system excellently. My main use will be to store and watch my films/music (Plex already installed), but I also intend to extend my network with an iPad later this year. well a picture paints a thousand words...
Sony Bravia 52" HDTV
Sky HD
Denon AVR 1911 AV Amp
Sony Blu Ray S350 (wired through the amp via HDMI)
2010 Mac Mini Server (wired through the amp via HDMI to give 5.1 surround)
Eltax Speakers (Danish company)
Apple wireless keyboard + Logitech M570 Trackball mouse for pure couch potatoness
Sony Bravia 52" HDTV
Sky HD
Denon AVR 1911 AV Amp
Sony Blu Ray S350 (wired through the amp via HDMI)
2010 Mac Mini Server (wired through the amp via HDMI to give 5.1 surround)
Eltax Speakers (Danish company)
Apple wireless keyboard + Logitech M570 Trackball mouse for pure couch potatoness
pelsar
Mar 9, 12:27 AM
the confirmation page for filling out the form works on safari, chrome, firefox and of course not explorer
http://www.lucidlogix.com/virtu_registration-yael.html
the code on the end of the php is:
___________________
mail($my_email,$subject,$message,$headers);
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
include_once "../thankyou_registration.html";
//header("Location: http://www.lucidlogix.com/thankyou_registration.html");
exit();
?>
-------------
any ideas? what does explorer want from me?
http://www.lucidlogix.com/virtu_registration-yael.html
the code on the end of the php is:
___________________
mail($my_email,$subject,$message,$headers);
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
include_once "../thankyou_registration.html";
//header("Location: http://www.lucidlogix.com/thankyou_registration.html");
exit();
?>
-------------
any ideas? what does explorer want from me?
getz76
May 6, 11:47 AM
Hi, I installed a 160 GB GEN2 Intel X-25M SSD in my MBP and was surprised to see in "About This Mac" that TRIM is indicated as "NO." The drive comes from a serial number set that should have the latest firmware. Am I missing something? I thought these were all featured TRIM...
The drive supports TRIM, but OS X 10.6.x does not support TRIM on non-Apple SSDs.
The drive supports TRIM, but OS X 10.6.x does not support TRIM on non-Apple SSDs.
Jolly Giant
Apr 12, 08:19 AM
some options here (http://airplayspeakers.com/category/speakers/).
ThatGirl
Apr 16, 07:19 PM
Is there a way to turn off the Verizon connection to the iPad 2 when I am home and can use my home WIFI?
Thanks!
Thanks!
zanyjudy
Apr 26, 10:44 AM
I run Windows 7 within VirtualBox on an iMac (10.6.7). I also run Ubuntu in VirtualBox. I find Windows very difficult to use although it runs fine, but have difficulty transferring files between the systems. I have used the internet for this but Windows keeps losing the connection so would like a simple means to do this within the machine. Can anyone provide me with a simple solution?:mad:
Mac Fan 4 Ever
Dec 18, 08:18 PM
Trying to put the Devil holding the pen in front of the bottle of ink, but the sizing won't work out....think any of you could try?? Thanks
arn
Oct 8, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by nosaj56
Thanks Postal for the reply!:D I just wanted to know because my Mom wants an iBook by the end of October. (When her birthday is.) I want to wait for the next model, maybe the new one will have a G4!:cool:
Next iBook will probably not be a G4:
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/06/20020618053542.shtml
Thanks Postal for the reply!:D I just wanted to know because my Mom wants an iBook by the end of October. (When her birthday is.) I want to wait for the next model, maybe the new one will have a G4!:cool:
Next iBook will probably not be a G4:
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2002/06/20020618053542.shtml
finney
May 4, 03:59 AM
Particularly us Californians that don't wanna pay for shipping or drop $200 on sales tax. :eek::eek::eek:
Amazon.com: New Apple iMac Desktops (http://goo.gl/V8sSS)
Now just need to decide which one to get. Decisions, decisions :D
Amazon.com: New Apple iMac Desktops (http://goo.gl/V8sSS)
Now just need to decide which one to get. Decisions, decisions :D
Jovian9
Dec 7, 10:20 PM
PM sent to you.
I will take the memory from you. Please PM payment details.
Thanks
I will take the memory from you. Please PM payment details.
Thanks
Abscissa
Aug 27, 11:36 PM
I'm actually using a Samsung phone charger. A lot of newer phones have chargers that adapt to any USB chord. No problems as of yet. I also use it to charge my PS3 headset and whatnot.
Not really a suggestion, just a little notice. Maybe go see if you can buy a replacement phone charger for mad cheap?
Not really a suggestion, just a little notice. Maybe go see if you can buy a replacement phone charger for mad cheap?
eyemacg5
Mar 20, 02:30 AM
Very interested, where in the UK are you located.
Moyank24
Apr 21, 08:58 PM
I always use Safari- for my Macs and iPhones. Not sure why all the hate on Safari. I love Safari- don't use anything else. Safari works great on a Mac.
I don't necessarily hate it. But, I stopped using it as soon as better options became available. The lack of tabs and the constant refreshing when switching back and forth were both dealbreakers for me.
I don't necessarily hate it. But, I stopped using it as soon as better options became available. The lack of tabs and the constant refreshing when switching back and forth were both dealbreakers for me.
obeygiant
Mar 23, 10:00 AM
Oscar-winning actress and Hollywood icon Elizabeth Taylor dies of congestive heart failure at 79
Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor died Wednesday at the age of 79.
Her rep told FOX News she died in the early morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles surrounded by her children.
Taylor had been hospitalized for over a month at Cedars-Sinai, where she was being treated for symptoms of congestive heart failure.
"My mother was an extraordinary woman who lived life to the fullest, with great passion, humor, and love," her son Michael Wilding said in a statement. "Though her loss is devastating to those of us who held her so close and so dear, we will always be inspired by her enduring contribution to our world. Her legacy will never fade, her spirit will always be with us, and her love will live forever in our hearts."
Born in London on Feb. 27, 1932 to American parents -- her father was an art dealer, her mother had once been an actress -- Taylor moved to California with her family when she was seven and was quickly spotted by a talent scout.
She made her film debut aged 10 in "There's One Born Every Minute" and then hit the big time at 12 playing horse-crazy Velvet Brown in "National Velvet" (she blamed several spills from a horse during filming for later back problems).
The film, a smash hit, made her a household name and she went on to star in nearly 60 movies and dazzle as the last great glamorous star of the Hollywood studio system. Her first adult role was in "Father of the Bride" (1950) and she followed that with such classics as "A Place in the Sun" (1951), "Giant" (1956), "Raintree County" (1957), "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" (1958), "Butterfield Eight" (1960) "Cleopatra" (1963) and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" (1966).
She won Oscars for her performances in "Butterfield Eight" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
She was considered one of the world's most beautiful women with her electric violet eyes, cloud of dark hair and voluptuous figure and she acquired husbands with regularity: Conrad "Nicky" Hilton (1950-51), Michael Wilding (1952-57), Michael Todd (1957-58), Eddie Fisher (1959-64), Richard Burton (1964-74 and 1975-76), John Warner (1976-82) and Larry Fortensky (1991-1996). Todd died in a plane crash, leaving her a widow; she divorced all the others.
Taylor's relationship with acclaimed Welsh actor Burton burned up the headlines for years. They met during the filming of "Cleopatra" when he played Marc Antony to her Queen of the Nile. Both were married to others --Taylor's then-husband was Eddie Fisher, who had left his wife Debbie Reynolds for her -- and their tempestuous relationship was nonstop gossip fodder. Taylor once said of the time, "I don't remember much about 'Cleopatra.' There were a lot of other things going on."
It was also Burton who bought her several of her magnificent jewels, including the pear-shaped 69-carat diamond that came to be called the Burton-Taylor Diamond. (She later auctioned it off to fund a hospital in Botswana.)
The couple acted together again in a riveting version of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" -- for which Taylor, playing an unkempt shrew, won a Best Actress Academy Award to add to her earlier one for "Butterfield 8" --along with a string of lesser films including "The Sandpiper," "The Comedians" and "Boom!"
After the death of her close friend and "Giant" costar Rock Hudson from AIDS, Taylor threw herself into raising funds to fight the disease and co-founded the American Foundation for AIDS Research (AmFar). That work gained her a special Oscar in 1993.
Her own health went through some precarious patches: a near fatal illness while filming "Butterfield 8," a benign brain tumor, congestive heart failure, skin cancer, a repeatedly broken back, hip replacements and pneumonia.
She was also an entrepreneur, introducing several perfumes with names like "White Diamonds" and "Black Pearls" and a line of diamond and precious stone jewelry.
For her various activities, Taylor was made a Dame of the British Empire and a Commander of Arts and Letters by the French government.
Amid all the tumult of her life, all the headlines and publicity, both good and bad, Taylor just carried on. "I'm a survivor, " she once said, "a living example of what people can go through and survive."
Taylor is survived by her children, Michael and Christopher Wilding by her second marriage, Liza Todd by her third, and Maria Burton, who she adopted with Richard Burton, to whom she was twice married. She also had nine grandchildren.
fox (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/23/silver-screen-legend-elizabeth-taylor-dies-age-7/#ixzz1HR2jAl5X)
Screen legend Elizabeth Taylor died Wednesday at the age of 79.
Her rep told FOX News she died in the early morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles surrounded by her children.
Taylor had been hospitalized for over a month at Cedars-Sinai, where she was being treated for symptoms of congestive heart failure.
"My mother was an extraordinary woman who lived life to the fullest, with great passion, humor, and love," her son Michael Wilding said in a statement. "Though her loss is devastating to those of us who held her so close and so dear, we will always be inspired by her enduring contribution to our world. Her legacy will never fade, her spirit will always be with us, and her love will live forever in our hearts."
Born in London on Feb. 27, 1932 to American parents -- her father was an art dealer, her mother had once been an actress -- Taylor moved to California with her family when she was seven and was quickly spotted by a talent scout.
She made her film debut aged 10 in "There's One Born Every Minute" and then hit the big time at 12 playing horse-crazy Velvet Brown in "National Velvet" (she blamed several spills from a horse during filming for later back problems).
The film, a smash hit, made her a household name and she went on to star in nearly 60 movies and dazzle as the last great glamorous star of the Hollywood studio system. Her first adult role was in "Father of the Bride" (1950) and she followed that with such classics as "A Place in the Sun" (1951), "Giant" (1956), "Raintree County" (1957), "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" (1958), "Butterfield Eight" (1960) "Cleopatra" (1963) and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" (1966).
She won Oscars for her performances in "Butterfield Eight" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
She was considered one of the world's most beautiful women with her electric violet eyes, cloud of dark hair and voluptuous figure and she acquired husbands with regularity: Conrad "Nicky" Hilton (1950-51), Michael Wilding (1952-57), Michael Todd (1957-58), Eddie Fisher (1959-64), Richard Burton (1964-74 and 1975-76), John Warner (1976-82) and Larry Fortensky (1991-1996). Todd died in a plane crash, leaving her a widow; she divorced all the others.
Taylor's relationship with acclaimed Welsh actor Burton burned up the headlines for years. They met during the filming of "Cleopatra" when he played Marc Antony to her Queen of the Nile. Both were married to others --Taylor's then-husband was Eddie Fisher, who had left his wife Debbie Reynolds for her -- and their tempestuous relationship was nonstop gossip fodder. Taylor once said of the time, "I don't remember much about 'Cleopatra.' There were a lot of other things going on."
It was also Burton who bought her several of her magnificent jewels, including the pear-shaped 69-carat diamond that came to be called the Burton-Taylor Diamond. (She later auctioned it off to fund a hospital in Botswana.)
The couple acted together again in a riveting version of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" -- for which Taylor, playing an unkempt shrew, won a Best Actress Academy Award to add to her earlier one for "Butterfield 8" --along with a string of lesser films including "The Sandpiper," "The Comedians" and "Boom!"
After the death of her close friend and "Giant" costar Rock Hudson from AIDS, Taylor threw herself into raising funds to fight the disease and co-founded the American Foundation for AIDS Research (AmFar). That work gained her a special Oscar in 1993.
Her own health went through some precarious patches: a near fatal illness while filming "Butterfield 8," a benign brain tumor, congestive heart failure, skin cancer, a repeatedly broken back, hip replacements and pneumonia.
She was also an entrepreneur, introducing several perfumes with names like "White Diamonds" and "Black Pearls" and a line of diamond and precious stone jewelry.
For her various activities, Taylor was made a Dame of the British Empire and a Commander of Arts and Letters by the French government.
Amid all the tumult of her life, all the headlines and publicity, both good and bad, Taylor just carried on. "I'm a survivor, " she once said, "a living example of what people can go through and survive."
Taylor is survived by her children, Michael and Christopher Wilding by her second marriage, Liza Todd by her third, and Maria Burton, who she adopted with Richard Burton, to whom she was twice married. She also had nine grandchildren.
fox (http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/23/silver-screen-legend-elizabeth-taylor-dies-age-7/#ixzz1HR2jAl5X)
Mitchelino
Dec 3, 09:46 PM
I like the new push notifications, very handy.
zombitronic
Oct 9, 11:57 AM
Vocals could've been a great way to distinguish this from the Tap Tap Revenge style games. That said, I'm surprised that Tap Tap hasn't already included a true vocal mode.
ThomasJL
May 1, 04:34 PM
will it be as durable as the previous black macbook? the casing on the current and previous white macbooks is simple atrocious, you can get 10 scratches in the first week, with black macbooks you only wont even get 10 scratches in a year! unless your really clumsy. i replaced the casing on my white early 2009 9400m macbook with black casing, it was an extremely smart decision. also will the new plastic macbooks still have a glossy keyboard like the unibody plastic, or a matte keyboard like the old ones?
The black MacBook was a fingerprint magnet which became dirty- and oily-looking very fast.
The black MacBook was a fingerprint magnet which became dirty- and oily-looking very fast.
sreedy
Sep 15, 09:32 AM
hahahaha..... I like it!
On a side note..... the product is supposed to be rubbish!
On a side note..... the product is supposed to be rubbish!
doucy2
Dec 4, 08:07 PM
i sent you a PM
ChrisA
Mar 30, 02:09 PM
I am having trouble using the photos uploaded to IPhoto. For some reason, when I try to upload these to Shutterfly or Snapfish, they are telling me the file is too small to even print as a 4X6......
When you export from iPhoto you can select the desired resolution. Have you set it yourself or are you letting it default? I suspect the latter.
When you export from iPhoto you can select the desired resolution. Have you set it yourself or are you letting it default? I suspect the latter.
applefanDrew
Apr 24, 07:03 PM
Thats good. Before I switched to Mac, my computer's highest score on that stuff was 4.5 and that was the hard drive index. Current MBPs are great, even with Intel HD Graphics 3000
rawdawg
Apr 28, 06:13 PM
I'm reevaluating my backup strategy. Currently I use time machine for my system and carbon copy cloner for my media. With a larger single drive to take care of both my system's and my media's backup needs I was going to simply have time machine backup both onto the one drive. I would prefer to use time machine but when I examine it's backup folder, it's nothing I can navigate through to find a lost file, it appears like I would have to rely upon the time machine itself to recover something. Is this format repliable? Would there be an instance a clone may be more reliable as a backup since it maintains the actual file structure of the drive being backed up?
(I have another identical drive to store offsite so please no lectures on having a drive offsite.... Let's please stick to the questions at hand.)
(I have another identical drive to store offsite so please no lectures on having a drive offsite.... Let's please stick to the questions at hand.)
miles01110
May 1, 01:20 PM
Most banks will buy back currency. You get robbed if you do it at the airport.
ravenvii
Sep 27, 04:55 PM
I'm actually thinking of doing just that, even though I do have the room for a bigger desk. I also have an iMac, and don't need the extra space.
Pictures would be awesome. And Wiggum, that desk does look awesome.
Pictures would be awesome. And Wiggum, that desk does look awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment