iShater
May 24, 09:32 PM
For those of you using the SMP client, are you finding that you have to run pretty much 24/7 in order to make the work unit deadlines?
I'm using the InCrease client, which on my iMac started using the SMP core. The deadlines are tights, and I am probably going to switch to the normal client when I am done with the current unit and just kick off two local cores. That way I have a normal deadline, and both cores work when the iMac is on.
I'm using the InCrease client, which on my iMac started using the SMP core. The deadlines are tights, and I am probably going to switch to the normal client when I am done with the current unit and just kick off two local cores. That way I have a normal deadline, and both cores work when the iMac is on.
SandboxGeneral
Mar 27, 05:25 PM
Well if you're using a Mac, your question is moot. OS/X does not support USB 3.0.
Steve even said so himself. Especially now that Thunderbolt is out and in the Mac line, I don't think we'll ever see USB 3 on OS/X.
Steve Jobs: USB 3 Not Taking Off At This Time (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1041112)
Thunderbolt Details Emerge: Bus Power, Mini DisplayPort, and More (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1102127)
Your USB 3.0 HDD you bought is only running at 2.0 speeds connected to your Mac.
Here are a couple of threads on FW800 vs USB 3.0:
USB 3.0 VS Firewire 800 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=843489)
FireWire vs. USB: Which Is Faster? (http://gigaom.com/apple/firewire-vs-usb-which-is-faster/)
Steve even said so himself. Especially now that Thunderbolt is out and in the Mac line, I don't think we'll ever see USB 3 on OS/X.
Steve Jobs: USB 3 Not Taking Off At This Time (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1041112)
Thunderbolt Details Emerge: Bus Power, Mini DisplayPort, and More (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1102127)
Your USB 3.0 HDD you bought is only running at 2.0 speeds connected to your Mac.
Here are a couple of threads on FW800 vs USB 3.0:
USB 3.0 VS Firewire 800 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=843489)
FireWire vs. USB: Which Is Faster? (http://gigaom.com/apple/firewire-vs-usb-which-is-faster/)
Chone
Mar 17, 09:38 AM
It was fun but like someonce once described it, it was meant to be an "introductory RPG" with colorful known characters, easy, linear gameplay mechanics mechanics, player intervention during turn based attacks (timed hits) and an easy to pick up story.
It is a fun RPG but hardly the best, I liked it better than the N64 Paper Mario though (haven't played GC Paper Mario).
I will say something though, Super Mario RPG is much more an RPG than TES IV Oblivion will ever hope to be... :)
It is a fun RPG but hardly the best, I liked it better than the N64 Paper Mario though (haven't played GC Paper Mario).
I will say something though, Super Mario RPG is much more an RPG than TES IV Oblivion will ever hope to be... :)
Kwill
Apr 27, 12:37 AM
Andy Rubin sounds very wishy washy. Steve Jobs is very clear about it.
Yes, I noticed that too. Rubin was asked what data is Google collecting from Android users. He then responded, we are not keeping track of every app you download, "and stuff like that."
What does that mean?
Yes, I noticed that too. Rubin was asked what data is Google collecting from Android users. He then responded, we are not keeping track of every app you download, "and stuff like that."
What does that mean?
himesh
Apr 13, 03:16 AM
You could always try a stereo bluetooth headset like the Sony Ericsson MW600, its pretty good and has radio in it too.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/mw600?lc=en&cc=us
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/mw600?lc=en&cc=us
Makosuke
Feb 23, 05:27 AM
I've loved Freeverse and their games from way back. I know nothing about ngmoco, but from the sound of it they're big on pay-per-play games, which is rather horrifying.
What I'm REALLY worried about, though, are their handful of non-game apps--I absolutely LOVE Comic Life, and Sound Studio is sweet for as much as I've used it.
Oh well, at least their existing apps work great now, so they're not going to get any worse regardless of what ngmoco does to the company.
What I'm REALLY worried about, though, are their handful of non-game apps--I absolutely LOVE Comic Life, and Sound Studio is sweet for as much as I've used it.
Oh well, at least their existing apps work great now, so they're not going to get any worse regardless of what ngmoco does to the company.
WildCowboy
Mar 31, 04:19 PM
What is concerning to me is that I wrote a comment, "nice affiliate link" in that thread. And my comment was deleted. not flagged or edited -- deleted.
I would imagine that your comment was deleted simply because it was off-topic for that thread and could easily have led to a derailment of the discussion. But I haven't looked at the case specifically (leaving right now, so don't have time), and yes, I can see how you might think we were trying to hide something when in actuality our moderators were just trying to keep the discussion on track.
I would imagine that your comment was deleted simply because it was off-topic for that thread and could easily have led to a derailment of the discussion. But I haven't looked at the case specifically (leaving right now, so don't have time), and yes, I can see how you might think we were trying to hide something when in actuality our moderators were just trying to keep the discussion on track.
panicpot
Apr 17, 03:22 AM
I would recommend a Speck Candyshell as they have many colors. Also, the Cath Kidston cases are nice as well if you like floral patterns. The Rabito rabbit case is cute and will get many comments. This would be good for the Easter holiday. :) These cases are all within the $20 range.
MotionxxUSxx
Jul 9, 09:15 PM
Looks like the mall opens at 10AM on the natick collection website. Anyone plan on buying from this store. What's your plan? I assume the mall doors open earlier.
http://www.natickcollection.com/html/mallinfo.asp
http://www.natickcollection.com/html/mallinfo.asp
beez7777
Oct 13, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by crazy_will
billy, do you mean to say that something w/o a g4 is bad?
nope. mac15 said that it would be good w/o a g3, because it would keep the price fairly affordable. i think he means that it would be fairly affordable to leave the g3 in the iBook rather than put in a g4. hence "u mean it would be good with no g4. :)
billy, do you mean to say that something w/o a g4 is bad?
nope. mac15 said that it would be good w/o a g3, because it would keep the price fairly affordable. i think he means that it would be fairly affordable to leave the g3 in the iBook rather than put in a g4. hence "u mean it would be good with no g4. :)
DaveDaveDave
May 1, 04:06 PM
great was just hoping there wouldn't be even more delay in me getting my hands on my first mac :D :D
Congrats - you're gonna love it!
Congrats - you're gonna love it!
Mala
Feb 8, 05:24 PM
I finally solved this with the help of a writer, who told me to set the page size to A4 and set stonking great margins on all sides, which worked.
Thank you for directing me to the GIMP site and drivers, MisterMe, I'm using the LaserWriter 6 one, which seems slightly more reliable than HP's.
The Printer Setup Utility is still listing two each of HP LaserWriter 1200 and HP LaserWriter 1220 for some reason; I assume that the utility has become corrupt. But I'll solve that problem another day, or else someone will actually produce a simple, cheap printer that works well, with a good driver of a quality of workability and presentation equivalent to other types of software.
Thank you for directing me to the GIMP site and drivers, MisterMe, I'm using the LaserWriter 6 one, which seems slightly more reliable than HP's.
The Printer Setup Utility is still listing two each of HP LaserWriter 1200 and HP LaserWriter 1220 for some reason; I assume that the utility has become corrupt. But I'll solve that problem another day, or else someone will actually produce a simple, cheap printer that works well, with a good driver of a quality of workability and presentation equivalent to other types of software.
wordoflife
Mar 20, 01:41 AM
What? He's got a valid point, though it might be false.
kg9ov
Mar 5, 01:40 PM
I just a few hours ago set up my D-Link DI-624+ wireless router.
...snip...
So im quite impressed with D-link at the moment (i hope it lasts).
inlimbo, best of luck to you and I hope you got a good one...
elevenpower, I personally wouldn't recommend the DI-624. There are a number of very long threads on BroadbandReports about this router and the problems many people have had with it. Many of them have a problem which causes it to constantly reboot. I have one with this problem and it is very annoying.
...snip...
So im quite impressed with D-link at the moment (i hope it lasts).
inlimbo, best of luck to you and I hope you got a good one...
elevenpower, I personally wouldn't recommend the DI-624. There are a number of very long threads on BroadbandReports about this router and the problems many people have had with it. Many of them have a problem which causes it to constantly reboot. I have one with this problem and it is very annoying.
mloffa
Mar 11, 10:20 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Just got here.
There is about 20 people. A lot of them look like they're in groups, though, so its hard to tell if 20 people = 20+ iPads already called for.
Just got here.
There is about 20 people. A lot of them look like they're in groups, though, so its hard to tell if 20 people = 20+ iPads already called for.
Bacong
Oct 21, 06:18 PM
They don't send out a confirmation email, they'll send you a shipping notification. But they always ship fast. They shipped my case on monday from California and I got it today in Michigan.
<3 switcheasy
<3 switcheasy
dime21
Apr 20, 07:58 AM
As a product of the Minnesota Public School system, I can tell you, without a doubt, that there was no "pushing out" of minority students. There was no "perpetuating white privilege".
And people still have the nerve to complain about school budget cuts. Maybe if we didn't send our teachers to crap "seminars" like this, we could have newer text books, or higher on another teacher, or whatever it is people think we need.
The biggest problem with public schools today is the tenure at the university level, and the unions at the state and local level. These teachers become so sheltered, so buffered from the real world they have no business teaching children. A teacher should not be impossible to fire, as they mostly all are today. Tenured professors end up as hot-air spewing left wing buffoons with little to no understanding of the real world. Union school teachers end up fat and lazy, no need to put any effort in since its damn near impossible to fire them, no matter how poorly their students perform. Even for serious offenses, they simply get transferred to another school instead of fired or reprimanded. What a broken system.
And people still have the nerve to complain about school budget cuts. Maybe if we didn't send our teachers to crap "seminars" like this, we could have newer text books, or higher on another teacher, or whatever it is people think we need.
The biggest problem with public schools today is the tenure at the university level, and the unions at the state and local level. These teachers become so sheltered, so buffered from the real world they have no business teaching children. A teacher should not be impossible to fire, as they mostly all are today. Tenured professors end up as hot-air spewing left wing buffoons with little to no understanding of the real world. Union school teachers end up fat and lazy, no need to put any effort in since its damn near impossible to fire them, no matter how poorly their students perform. Even for serious offenses, they simply get transferred to another school instead of fired or reprimanded. What a broken system.
kiljoy616
Apr 27, 02:59 AM
I guess the question is what would they get out of it, maybe google but apple gets nothing out of it the information would not be that valuable to apple and the pr is a nightmare. that is not to say that they may not be doing something that of course we know but considering the fanfare around apple products its not like any of this will not be found out after some time.
to me this I think is going to be taken care in the next revision but it is nice to know there are people out there keeping an eye for stuff like this. :)
to me this I think is going to be taken care in the next revision but it is nice to know there are people out there keeping an eye for stuff like this. :)
Tiauguinho
Aug 29, 03:03 PM
Sorry to double post, but I was able to open the document.
Here is Page 13
Here is Page 13
donlphi
Jan 15, 12:38 AM
Not that I REALLY care (okay I do, otherwise I wouldn't say anything)... but 3 people made comments to me today regarding my wimpy, slightly less impressive name tag. As the educator, I gotta ask, "Couldn't they just give me the regular tag with a different color on the bottom?"
Jeeze... it's borderline discrimination. I had been dreaming about going to this thing for about 6 years. I register online, take off two days of work, fly out to San Francisco, wait in line to get my tag (which took forever because they couldn't move the line fast enough - causing me to miss the only clinic I was able to go to (according to the guy at the door), they don't give me a bag.
It has been very sad and disappointing today. I pray Tuesday is better. :rolleyes:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/donlphi/secondclass.jpg
Note to self: Do not sign up for the educator thing ever again - weak!
Jeeze... it's borderline discrimination. I had been dreaming about going to this thing for about 6 years. I register online, take off two days of work, fly out to San Francisco, wait in line to get my tag (which took forever because they couldn't move the line fast enough - causing me to miss the only clinic I was able to go to (according to the guy at the door), they don't give me a bag.
It has been very sad and disappointing today. I pray Tuesday is better. :rolleyes:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g137/donlphi/secondclass.jpg
Note to self: Do not sign up for the educator thing ever again - weak!
MacRumors
Oct 19, 03:42 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/10/19/wolfram-alpha-app-debuts-with-49-99-price-tag/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/19/163114-wolfram-1.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/19/163114-wolfram-2.jpg
Wolfram Alpha, the online computational knowledge engine that launched in May, now has an app available in the App Store. According to its App Store description, the app "plugs directly into Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputing cloud to deliver the unrivaled power of the Wolfram|Alpha knowledge engine to the mobile environment."
While the app still requires an internet connection to work, it includes a special keyboard to make the entry of special characters for mathematical and other functions easy. An early review (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10377493-233.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=iPhoneAtlas) by CNET describes that the app makes all output, which are provided as GIF images even when the service is accessed through Safari, show well on the iPhone's screen and that queries can be bookmarked and published via Twitter.
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/19/163114-wolfram-3.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/19/163114-wolfram-4.jpg
The app's price is what garners quite a bit of attention - it costs $49.99 [App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334989259&mt=8)] while the Wolfram Alpha site is free to use when accessed through a web browser, including Safari on the iPhone, and is most likely targeted at power users who need frequent access to the service for complex computations.
Article Link: Wolfram Alpha App Debuts with $49.99 Price Tag (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/10/19/wolfram-alpha-app-debuts-with-49-99-price-tag/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/19/163114-wolfram-1.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/19/163114-wolfram-2.jpg
Wolfram Alpha, the online computational knowledge engine that launched in May, now has an app available in the App Store. According to its App Store description, the app "plugs directly into Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputing cloud to deliver the unrivaled power of the Wolfram|Alpha knowledge engine to the mobile environment."
While the app still requires an internet connection to work, it includes a special keyboard to make the entry of special characters for mathematical and other functions easy. An early review (http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10377493-233.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=iPhoneAtlas) by CNET describes that the app makes all output, which are provided as GIF images even when the service is accessed through Safari, show well on the iPhone's screen and that queries can be bookmarked and published via Twitter.
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/19/163114-wolfram-3.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/10/19/163114-wolfram-4.jpg
The app's price is what garners quite a bit of attention - it costs $49.99 [App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334989259&mt=8)] while the Wolfram Alpha site is free to use when accessed through a web browser, including Safari on the iPhone, and is most likely targeted at power users who need frequent access to the service for complex computations.
Article Link: Wolfram Alpha App Debuts with $49.99 Price Tag (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/10/19/wolfram-alpha-app-debuts-with-49-99-price-tag/)
daneoni
May 6, 03:32 PM
I found a temporary workaround for 2011 MBP owners. After doing the latest update, boot in SL and navigate to the Update folder mentioned above and delete the ProductMetadata.plist file. Then reboot and the Lion should boot as per normal
Note that you'll have to do this every time you want to boot Lion which is strange but there you go. I'm typing this from the latest build of Lion on a 2011 MBP.
Note that you'll have to do this every time you want to boot Lion which is strange but there you go. I'm typing this from the latest build of Lion on a 2011 MBP.
2GMario
Nov 15, 01:28 PM
http://www.coredatasolutions.net/includes/buttontest.php
apparently, and i have tested this, the G5 optimized version of firefox must have that pretty button thing compiled into it
the css
.TestButton {
border-left: 1px dotted #575757;
border-width: thick;
background-color: #f47272;
color: #575757 font: 14px Lucida Grande, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
i tested that same page on firefox rc1 that i have on my ibook and the button is exactly as it reads, thick border with the left border being dotted and the background a pall red
edit: safari on my ibook produces those same results, while safari on my G5 doesnt
test machines:
ibook g4
800mhz
640mb ram, 30gb hard drive
panther 10.3.6
G5
dual 1.8ghz
2gb ram - dual 250gb hard drives
panther 10.3.6 Server
interestingly enough, maybe its server (for some reason) not allowing the css, but i highly doubt it
odd either way
-Mario
apparently, and i have tested this, the G5 optimized version of firefox must have that pretty button thing compiled into it
the css
.TestButton {
border-left: 1px dotted #575757;
border-width: thick;
background-color: #f47272;
color: #575757 font: 14px Lucida Grande, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}
i tested that same page on firefox rc1 that i have on my ibook and the button is exactly as it reads, thick border with the left border being dotted and the background a pall red
edit: safari on my ibook produces those same results, while safari on my G5 doesnt
test machines:
ibook g4
800mhz
640mb ram, 30gb hard drive
panther 10.3.6
G5
dual 1.8ghz
2gb ram - dual 250gb hard drives
panther 10.3.6 Server
interestingly enough, maybe its server (for some reason) not allowing the css, but i highly doubt it
odd either way
-Mario
yustas
May 5, 02:03 PM
I am waiting, but I would like to know if you get a free iPod and a student discount, or do you have to choose between a student discount of a free iPod?
No comments:
Post a Comment