Jessica Lares
Apr 27, 07:27 PM
My dad brought home a G4 iMac today. I'm currently obtaining the *ehem* DVD, if you know what I mean... I sold my Leopard disk last year (desperate times - iPhone 4 launch :rolleyes:) for a pretty penny not thinking I'd end up with so many PPCs a year later.
Is there anyway I could load this DVD on a USB drive and put it in target mode and install it wirelessly like if it were the DVD? I do have DVD disks, but they're single layer and I know you can't boot a PPC off USB drives.
Is there anyway I could load this DVD on a USB drive and put it in target mode and install it wirelessly like if it were the DVD? I do have DVD disks, but they're single layer and I know you can't boot a PPC off USB drives.
Wheeze
Jul 1, 09:05 PM
Still for sale? Any pictures?
jetjaguar
Apr 27, 09:59 AM
im in the same position as you but I decided to just sell my mbp and buy a quad mp and then a few months down the road gonna do the upgrade to hex core .. i dont see a need for me for thunderbolt .. maybe when i decide to get my next mac pro i will worry about that
Geebz
Apr 29, 09:40 AM
Any ideas? Thanks.
Transporteur
Apr 13, 03:33 PM
SAS drives work fine, provided you've got the Apple RAID card.
If you opt for a third party RAID card (which is what's recommended) you have to use third party drive sleds (http://www.maxupgrades.com/istore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=189%20) since the standard bays do not work with third party RAID controllers.
If you opt for a third party RAID card (which is what's recommended) you have to use third party drive sleds (http://www.maxupgrades.com/istore/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=189%20) since the standard bays do not work with third party RAID controllers.
Deefuzz
Oct 19, 09:03 AM
I waited at West County for Tiger and never got any freebies :(
I'll be there, but I am undecided as to which store to wait at, but I definitely have to have a shirt. I got a shirt from the Galleria opening so I want one from this as well to go with my collection :)
I'll probably hit the West County mall as there is better chance to get a shirt since it is a bigger store and all. Still unsure of what time to show up.
I'll be there, but I am undecided as to which store to wait at, but I definitely have to have a shirt. I got a shirt from the Galleria opening so I want one from this as well to go with my collection :)
I'll probably hit the West County mall as there is better chance to get a shirt since it is a bigger store and all. Still unsure of what time to show up.
MacRumors
Jun 7, 08:38 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/07/video-of-steve-jobs-full-d8-conference-interview-posted/)
All Things Digital has posted (http://d8.allthingsd.com/20100607/steve-jobs-at-d8-the-full-uncut-interview/) the full, uncut video of the opening session of its D8 conference last week, which featured an interview (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/01/steve-jobs-in-opening-interview-session-at-d8-conference/) with Apple CEO Steve Jobs conducted by Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher. Video clips (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/02/video-clips-of-last-nights-d8-interview-with-steve-jobs/) from the interview were posted soon after it ended, but with the full 90+ minute interview now available, Apple fans have a warm-up act to enjoy before Jobs takes the stage for his keynote presentation at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference in just a few hours.
iPad and iPhone/iPod touch readers should note that while the embedded version of the video requires Flash, the video hosted on All Things Digital's site is a non-Flash format compatible with your device.
Article Link: Video of Steve Jobs' Full D8 Conference Interview Posted (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/07/video-of-steve-jobs-full-d8-conference-interview-posted/)
All Things Digital has posted (http://d8.allthingsd.com/20100607/steve-jobs-at-d8-the-full-uncut-interview/) the full, uncut video of the opening session of its D8 conference last week, which featured an interview (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/01/steve-jobs-in-opening-interview-session-at-d8-conference/) with Apple CEO Steve Jobs conducted by Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher. Video clips (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/02/video-clips-of-last-nights-d8-interview-with-steve-jobs/) from the interview were posted soon after it ended, but with the full 90+ minute interview now available, Apple fans have a warm-up act to enjoy before Jobs takes the stage for his keynote presentation at the company's Worldwide Developers Conference in just a few hours.
iPad and iPhone/iPod touch readers should note that while the embedded version of the video requires Flash, the video hosted on All Things Digital's site is a non-Flash format compatible with your device.
Article Link: Video of Steve Jobs' Full D8 Conference Interview Posted (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/07/video-of-steve-jobs-full-d8-conference-interview-posted/)
patrick0brien
Jul 15, 03:54 PM
-jtown
Ok then. That sounded like a pretty messy KP for it to cause fsck to need to fix something. Hmm. Keep an eye on it.
As for the screen not coming back on from a sleep, well, it's certainly possible - especially if you supect a rogue driver. Personally, I don't let my 12PB sleep on it's own - I've turned it off in Energy Saver. It sleeps only when I ask it to, mostly by closing the lid. I also never power it down my current uptime is 13 days 17 hours.
What mp3 player are you using? Have you tried to load it without drivers?
Ok then. That sounded like a pretty messy KP for it to cause fsck to need to fix something. Hmm. Keep an eye on it.
As for the screen not coming back on from a sleep, well, it's certainly possible - especially if you supect a rogue driver. Personally, I don't let my 12PB sleep on it's own - I've turned it off in Energy Saver. It sleeps only when I ask it to, mostly by closing the lid. I also never power it down my current uptime is 13 days 17 hours.
What mp3 player are you using? Have you tried to load it without drivers?
Dagless
May 25, 12:36 PM
Oh wow, EA Partners are certainly pulling in the right devs.
POPE76
Jun 23, 07:39 PM
I'll be there at 5 am just wondering if anybody was there for the Ipad launch how crazy where the lines?
Cybergypsy
Feb 1, 03:51 AM
The OP needs to take the T out of his username........
icefall5
Apr 28, 10:00 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
I have SBSettings set to show my free RAM, and lately my RAM has been very low. I can't pinpoint exactly when it started, but I typically have ~65 MB with nothing open. As soon as I open an app or two, it drops to 10-15 MB. In the past I had ~100 MB and no problems running things.
I've tried disabling all Winterboard themes, uninstalling a bunch of Cydia packages, everything. It's really getting annoying because my iPod has been crazy slow due to this.
I have a 32 GB iPod Touch 4G running 4.3.2, jailbroken with redsn0w. I have roughly 15 GB free. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have SBSettings set to show my free RAM, and lately my RAM has been very low. I can't pinpoint exactly when it started, but I typically have ~65 MB with nothing open. As soon as I open an app or two, it drops to 10-15 MB. In the past I had ~100 MB and no problems running things.
I've tried disabling all Winterboard themes, uninstalling a bunch of Cydia packages, everything. It's really getting annoying because my iPod has been crazy slow due to this.
I have a 32 GB iPod Touch 4G running 4.3.2, jailbroken with redsn0w. I have roughly 15 GB free. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
KBP
Jun 22, 07:42 PM
I'm here! Out side in the not reserved line. I'm the only person. Apple staff very friendly. Thought I would update.
DZ/015
Dec 15, 08:37 AM
Congrats on the B&W purchase.
I'll second the suggestion to go to xlr8yourmac.com. They have tons of info on this computer model. I own several of these myself.
Two apps you will want to search for right away are DIMM First Aid and the IDE corruption tester that are mentioned on the xlr8 site. The old rev.1 B&Ws were very picky about the installed RAM and were known to have data corruption issues because of faulty IDE controllers.
Don't get Tiger and try to run it with a 300MHz G3. You will be pulling your hair out in frustration. The best OS that I ran with this unit is Jaguar (10.2.8). Discs are readily available on eBay. If you pump up the RAM you could get Panther to run, but it will be sluggish.
CPU upgrades are available. There are G3s that run up to 1.1GHz and G4s that go to 1GHz. Be aware that G4 chips >600MHz will require the system bus speed to be lowered from 100MHz to 66MHz.
Again, check xlri8yourmac.com and good luck!
I'll second the suggestion to go to xlr8yourmac.com. They have tons of info on this computer model. I own several of these myself.
Two apps you will want to search for right away are DIMM First Aid and the IDE corruption tester that are mentioned on the xlr8 site. The old rev.1 B&Ws were very picky about the installed RAM and were known to have data corruption issues because of faulty IDE controllers.
Don't get Tiger and try to run it with a 300MHz G3. You will be pulling your hair out in frustration. The best OS that I ran with this unit is Jaguar (10.2.8). Discs are readily available on eBay. If you pump up the RAM you could get Panther to run, but it will be sluggish.
CPU upgrades are available. There are G3s that run up to 1.1GHz and G4s that go to 1GHz. Be aware that G4 chips >600MHz will require the system bus speed to be lowered from 100MHz to 66MHz.
Again, check xlri8yourmac.com and good luck!
pilotError
Feb 1, 01:55 PM
wondered whether Starbucks being from Seattle was the choice there. Yet another Californian dig at Washington state
Probably some connection to the Rumor that Starbucks wants to put iTunes downloads in its stores.
Probably some connection to the Rumor that Starbucks wants to put iTunes downloads in its stores.
Chaszmyr
Mar 7, 07:35 AM
Panther does not have a serial key. It is, however, a single-license program, and unlawful to have it installed and running on more than one computer with a single license.
barrysfarm
Mar 22, 07:25 AM
Am I the only one who didn't like gears of war? I just thought it was incredibly boring. I couldn't stand more than 1/2 an hour playing it.
A movie based on it? The only good game => movie crossover I can think of was the tomb raider movies, and they we're only slightly above average. The mario movie was fun in the stuipest sense, but not good in the least.
A movie based on it? The only good game => movie crossover I can think of was the tomb raider movies, and they we're only slightly above average. The mario movie was fun in the stuipest sense, but not good in the least.
vincenz
Mar 13, 12:37 PM
Hopefully someone will be able to fill his shoes. Engadget is my #2 site next to MR.
SilvorX
Oct 13, 09:25 PM
me 3 :p lol, those would be nice to see
crazycat
May 4, 11:00 AM
I have all my videos on an external hard drive. I have it setup so that all movies are in "Movies", my tv shows are in "Tv Shows" and so on. I find placing movies that i ripped in a folder is faster to find and watch, i do not think itunes handles +500GB worth of movies very well.
Xeem
Mar 22, 12:26 AM
I have a strange feeling many ppl here would want me to play chrono trigger, which is sitting in the next room. Never played it before.
It was a great game, and the sequel was even better. Chrono Cross is one of only four games ever to get a perfect 10.0 rating from Gamespot.com (the other three were Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Soul Calibur).
It was a great game, and the sequel was even better. Chrono Cross is one of only four games ever to get a perfect 10.0 rating from Gamespot.com (the other three were Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Soul Calibur).
Abstract
Sep 17, 08:40 PM
Sell your family or something.
Oh wait......that's been done.
Oh wait......that's been done.
Project
Jan 14, 05:56 PM
Nope. Absurd to suggest it.
brewno
Oct 26, 06:50 PM
je viens juste de retourner du Carrefour Laval.
"WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :D
j'ai estime presque 300 personnes juste avant que les portes ouvres. Salut aux deux de macrumors qui etaient juste a cote de moi. J'ai rien dit :p. C'etait ma premiere experience avec un product launch chez apple et je suis tres satisfait. J'instale Leopard en ce moment.
I was one of the first 20, I'd say. With a red Coca cola t-shirt and black leather jacket :P
"WWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" :D
j'ai estime presque 300 personnes juste avant que les portes ouvres. Salut aux deux de macrumors qui etaient juste a cote de moi. J'ai rien dit :p. C'etait ma premiere experience avec un product launch chez apple et je suis tres satisfait. J'instale Leopard en ce moment.
I was one of the first 20, I'd say. With a red Coca cola t-shirt and black leather jacket :P
No comments:
Post a Comment