Doctor Q
Apr 23, 01:59 PM
I think the reasoning behind this is that the RAW importer has some settings that are individual to each Camera, rather than just being something that can import a certain file format. So officially to get the best results Apple needs to tune the importer to each camera.
Still it would be nice if they just supported the "unsupported" cameras with some default settings.
Why couldn't the camera-specific details live on a central website that the software drivers could pick up "live" when needed, and cache for later, so we wouldn't keep having to pick up these updates to keep up?
Still it would be nice if they just supported the "unsupported" cameras with some default settings.
Why couldn't the camera-specific details live on a central website that the software drivers could pick up "live" when needed, and cache for later, so we wouldn't keep having to pick up these updates to keep up?
wackymacky
Oct 19, 05:01 PM
Pitty it's so much; it is quite a fun toy.
mbrown5
Apr 28, 11:17 AM
So heres a puzzle for you all. I have a 2007 MacBook Pro with a broken disk drive that only runs CD's but not DVD's. Its currently running 10.5.8 of Mac OS X. Wanting to update to Snow Leopard, I acquired a copy, then tried various methods to use an iMac at my disposal to help me install Snow Leopard onto the pro. After fooling the Mac Book Pro into thinking it was a Mac Book Air to use Remote Disk, failing to find a firewire cable that could tether the MacBook Pro to the iMac, and finally creating a disk image in cdr format using disk utility then copying it to a hard drive to then copy onto the Mac Book Pro, i was still met with a notification saying the cdr must be burned onto a disk for the macbook pro to read. Right back where i started. Any ideas on how to do this without replacing the disk drive?

Rower_CPU
Jul 8, 04:18 PM
and why do you care so much if the guy says " i agree" or whatever?
what is the big deal?
Spam is against the rules. Posting 2 word replies every minute or two from 12:46PM-2:04PM (approximately 75 posts) definitely qualifies as spam.
Not sure why folks are having a hard time understanding this...:confused:
what is the big deal?
Spam is against the rules. Posting 2 word replies every minute or two from 12:46PM-2:04PM (approximately 75 posts) definitely qualifies as spam.
Not sure why folks are having a hard time understanding this...:confused:
collisos
Apr 29, 01:20 PM
Yeah BBM is awesome and I know my roommate has a blackberry basically because he loves BBM so much. 3rd party apps just don't do it the same.
GFLPraxis
May 4, 04:53 PM
How to I add text to the end of an NSString?
Thanks
Create a new NSString with the new one added (either through stringByAppendingString or @"%@ blah blah",oldstring).
Or use NSMutableStrings.
Thanks
Create a new NSString with the new one added (either through stringByAppendingString or @"%@ blah blah",oldstring).
Or use NSMutableStrings.
pagansoul
Feb 14, 04:37 PM
I'm a great lover of greens & browns. I also love floating bookshelves when you have no floor space. Note the small area rugs, one is a shag which gives the room a warm feeling. Stay away from too much white, too hard to keep clean. Not everyone likes pictures on the walls but I love landscapes myself. You can buy a poster and buy a frame for it, this is a lot cheaper than paying a framer. I find some great stuff in flea markets, lamps, blankets, pillows, pictures. In one picture a wall is covered with old planks to give it a warm rustic flavor. Another has the walls painted different colors. Do you have a favorite photograph? What colors are in it. You have to make a small collection of what you like, no matter the cost, this chair, that painting, this suit, that jacket and be creative. Figure out what it is you like about them and find a cheaper substitute.
floyde
Dec 10, 03:19 PM
Well I forgot I had a dual boot setup on my powerbook so I just turned it on and proceeded to do something else. When I returned it had booted to Linux and had gone to sleep. The thing is, it doesn't wake up gracefully on Linux and in this case it didn't wake up at all :( I held the power button -> no luck, I then removed the battery -> still no luck... I mean, wtf?? I removed the battery and the sleep light was still flashing:eek: So i gave her(it) a kiss and apparently I'm no handsome prince so still no luck. Any suggestions? :o thanks
sparkyms
May 2, 02:54 PM
I know you're probably after a SIM free one, but o2 have loads in stock... I managed to nab one on day 1 from Southampton Apple Store, they didn't seem to have any stock problems either!
thejadedmonkey
May 5, 11:15 PM
I'd get MS Office. iWorks works, but it's not office. and everyone uses office. even when people don't use Office, they save it as an office .docx formal. Plus, iWorks can have compatibility problems at times. Not often, but I'd rather not take the chance.
I have iWorks, Office 08, and Office I find myself naturally using Office more often for college, to the point where I didn't even install iWorks last time i wiped my computer.
And I'm not sure about upgrading the CPU, but definitely get the larger hard drive. Computers have come a very very long way in the past 6 years, and hard drive space goes faster than it used to.
I have iWorks, Office 08, and Office I find myself naturally using Office more often for college, to the point where I didn't even install iWorks last time i wiped my computer.
And I'm not sure about upgrading the CPU, but definitely get the larger hard drive. Computers have come a very very long way in the past 6 years, and hard drive space goes faster than it used to.
lexvo
Apr 23, 09:48 AM
The past few months, wireless wake on lan worked perfectly. I used to wake up my iMac with the Remote app on my iPhone to play music on my stereo.
However, since 2-3 weeks I can't wake up my iMac wireless anymore. I tried:
- restarting my Airport Extreme
- checked the things described on this page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3774
- turn on iTunes library sharing
But this all doesn't seem to help. Am I overlooking something?
Could it have something to do with a recent software update (iTunes, Remote, ...)?
However, since 2-3 weeks I can't wake up my iMac wireless anymore. I tried:
- restarting my Airport Extreme
- checked the things described on this page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3774
- turn on iTunes library sharing
But this all doesn't seem to help. Am I overlooking something?
Could it have something to do with a recent software update (iTunes, Remote, ...)?
edesignuk
Dec 15, 02:37 PM
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/macros/homerwrongforum.jpg
There's an official BT client for OS X, an app called Tomato Torrent, and Azerus (sp?) also works.
There's an official BT client for OS X, an app called Tomato Torrent, and Azerus (sp?) also works.
My name is Alex
Nov 9, 03:40 AM
Hopefully the rest if the album sounds like this song, I'll be happy. I'm still buying it, but yeah, the 'This is it' concert would've been the best concert ever. Hopefully he has more unreleased tracks around.
simsaladimbamba
Apr 20, 07:28 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10644330/MR_Image_Hotlinks/MR_screenshots/MR_screenshots_04_2011/Screen%20shot%202011-04-21%20at%202.28.08%20AM.png
MacCoaster
Aug 15, 12:58 PM
I hope most will `get it.' :eek: :p
balamw
Mar 28, 11:18 AM
I have a PDF file that was created from MS Word 2008 using the usual File->Print->PDF->Save as PDF routine. It renders fine in Preview and Adobe Reader, but apparently gets mangled by other applications that try to extract text from it.
I think this is due to the "/Filter /FlateDecode" compression, so I'd like to make a version of the document without compression that should be easier to extract plan text from.
I found an article on what seems to be the opposite, i.e. compressing a PDF using quartz filters in Preview. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/9021.html
Is there something I could do to undo this?
Thanks!
B
I think this is due to the "/Filter /FlateDecode" compression, so I'd like to make a version of the document without compression that should be easier to extract plan text from.
I found an article on what seems to be the opposite, i.e. compressing a PDF using quartz filters in Preview. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/9021.html
Is there something I could do to undo this?
Thanks!
B
mrapplegate
Mar 27, 07:32 PM
log
I see the install and the restore from backup ,but I am not seeing the encryption problem. Unless my eyes are missing it.
I see the install and the restore from backup ,but I am not seeing the encryption problem. Unless my eyes are missing it.
AbbeAbyss
Apr 28, 02:16 PM
no it wont tell you if there were any bad sectors
OK, is Drive Genius an appropriate program for this? (scanning for bad sectors) If not, can anyone recommend something?
OK, is Drive Genius an appropriate program for this? (scanning for bad sectors) If not, can anyone recommend something?
.jpg)
DeSnousa
Sep 3, 03:11 AM
damn, oh-well thanks e for telling me :)
Ill just stick to inputting it every morning or untill i tire of the sig.
Ill just stick to inputting it every morning or untill i tire of the sig.
mj_1903
Nov 11, 04:20 AM
Click, and click everywhere! If it appears it can be clicked, click it. If it appears it can't, click anyway.
I learnt Mac OS X back in 2001 by myself just by experimenting and exploring. There is very little in Mac OS X that you can damage irreparably simply by fiddling unless you are a Unix freak.
MacOSXHints.com and friends were my best bet for hard to work out problems and never be afraid to ask a Mac user a question, they are generally quite friendly and willing to help you out.
I learnt Mac OS X back in 2001 by myself just by experimenting and exploring. There is very little in Mac OS X that you can damage irreparably simply by fiddling unless you are a Unix freak.
MacOSXHints.com and friends were my best bet for hard to work out problems and never be afraid to ask a Mac user a question, they are generally quite friendly and willing to help you out.
3tuxedo
Mar 22, 06:31 PM
so i have 2 volumes, one with tiger and one with leopard, and i dont care about the one with tiger, i just want to delete it, and resize the one with leopard. when i try to erase the one with tiger it says it couldnt unmount the disk. help? i just want it gone! if there is an easier way let me know. thank you!
Bernd
Aug 24, 06:12 PM
Boinc on Osx 10.57 doesn't crunch with the Nvidia 9400m?
While I was trying out Win 7 I installed Boinc and Seti@home was crunching with the cpu and gpu.
As far as I know Nvidia and ATI have bugs in the drivers that will not be fixed for GPU crunching until snow leopard is out and new science apps are written to take advantage of it. I think Open CL is the programing API that fixes this with new drivers and OSX side stuff. I am told the science apps will need to be recompiled and maybe rewritten. I have questions posted on the BOINC and SETI message boards asking about this.
While I was trying out Win 7 I installed Boinc and Seti@home was crunching with the cpu and gpu.
As far as I know Nvidia and ATI have bugs in the drivers that will not be fixed for GPU crunching until snow leopard is out and new science apps are written to take advantage of it. I think Open CL is the programing API that fixes this with new drivers and OSX side stuff. I am told the science apps will need to be recompiled and maybe rewritten. I have questions posted on the BOINC and SETI message boards asking about this.
CANEHDN
Feb 2, 12:50 PM
If you can find the class or id that the css is referencing for the popup, you should be able to change the z-index in the css of that element. That might easily fix the issue. You could also change the z-index of the element that contains the pdf to -1. That might work too. Or both.
Silent Assassin
Mar 28, 05:22 PM
wrong.
You can be tethered jailbroken and power down and back up without the jailbreak. You just can't have any apps installed like SBSettings. If you simply jailbreak your iPad tethered and power it down, it will come back online without the need for a computer. You will just not be jailbroken, so to rejailbreak, you need a computer to tether jailbreak it again.
Certainly not the first time I've been wrong, and likely won't be the last.. Thanks for the correction, sort of..
Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
You can be tethered jailbroken and power down and back up without the jailbreak. You just can't have any apps installed like SBSettings. If you simply jailbreak your iPad tethered and power it down, it will come back online without the need for a computer. You will just not be jailbroken, so to rejailbreak, you need a computer to tether jailbreak it again.
Certainly not the first time I've been wrong, and likely won't be the last.. Thanks for the correction, sort of..
Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
No comments:
Post a Comment