spinedoc77
Apr 21, 04:46 PM
I'm trying to upload pictures using the manage attachments button. After choosing pictures it seems to upload for a couple of minutes then I get the following error:
You have multiple windows or tabs open at MacRumors with only some of them logged in. Please reload the pages so they will recognize your login status.
You have multiple windows or tabs open at MacRumors with only some of them logged in. Please reload the pages so they will recognize your login status.
dominickator
Feb 21, 08:21 PM
Yes, they ruined it with the touchscreen, the scroll wheel was like an emblem or something.
kdern
Oct 26, 05:34 PM
5:32 PM - there are about 40 of us in line. Not too bad.
One mother and teenage daughter just walked by and asked me what we were waiting for. I told her, and she looked at my macbook and said "Is the software for that thing?" I said yes. Turns out she bought a macbook for her daughter yesterday and no one told her about this... I told her about the $10 update cost for recent buyers. Funny.
One mother and teenage daughter just walked by and asked me what we were waiting for. I told her, and she looked at my macbook and said "Is the software for that thing?" I said yes. Turns out she bought a macbook for her daughter yesterday and no one told her about this... I told her about the $10 update cost for recent buyers. Funny.
rdowns
Feb 24, 02:45 PM
Why does macrumors.com now redirect to macrumorslive.com?
Maybe they're testing and Arn has someone with an invite to live blog next week's event???
Maybe they're testing and Arn has someone with an invite to live blog next week's event???
Mord
Dec 15, 05:30 AM
upgrade to 10.4 add some ram and put in a decent size HD
reaganomics
Jun 22, 12:23 AM
I really don't think there will be a reason to show up early. Our town is small and we have plenty of AT&T stores.
eastercat
Apr 25, 02:11 AM
You're supposed to use a paperclip.:rolleyes:
ductapehondo
Apr 23, 06:15 PM
Hey all,
I'm trying to insert Dynamic Headings into my 2011 Word header/footer.
I go to Insert>>Cross Reference and set
Reference Type: Heading
Insert Reference to: Heading Text
but in the "For Which Heading" box it lists out all my actual headings, so I'd have to pick one rather than just pick a generalized <Heading> so it places the appropriate chapter heading on the correct page in the header/footer.
How do I make the "For Which Heading" box dynamic?
Thanks,
-EC
I'm trying to insert Dynamic Headings into my 2011 Word header/footer.
I go to Insert>>Cross Reference and set
Reference Type: Heading
Insert Reference to: Heading Text
but in the "For Which Heading" box it lists out all my actual headings, so I'd have to pick one rather than just pick a generalized <Heading> so it places the appropriate chapter heading on the correct page in the header/footer.
How do I make the "For Which Heading" box dynamic?
Thanks,
-EC
ulbador
Sep 14, 12:24 AM
My dad still regularly uses a network of 3 Quadras 900s and a couple of eMacs (for printing). He's burnt through 4 or 5 Blueberries and a couple of eMacs, but those Quadras have been running since new. All backed up daily on 100 meg SCSI zip disks and a couple of SCSI 40 meg drives (the kind that had the form factor of the Mac Classic, so you could stack em).
Don't think those guys have been shut off in almost 20 years.
He really needs to upgrade as his business would be SOL if even something simple as a PSU failed. The "upgrade" path I've been pushing lately is to just buy a bargain bin PC, stick Windows XP on it and run on his Quadras in Basilisk 2 windows. He probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and he could back up everything in the matter of minutes on a flash drive instead of hours to zip disks.
Don't think those guys have been shut off in almost 20 years.
He really needs to upgrade as his business would be SOL if even something simple as a PSU failed. The "upgrade" path I've been pushing lately is to just buy a bargain bin PC, stick Windows XP on it and run on his Quadras in Basilisk 2 windows. He probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, and he could back up everything in the matter of minutes on a flash drive instead of hours to zip disks.
MacRumors
Aug 9, 01:24 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/08/09/revamped-atandt-app-allows-u-verse-subscribers-to-download-select-tv-content/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/08/09/142235-u-verse_1.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/08/09/142235-u-verse_2.jpg
AT&T today announced (http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=18230&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=31017) the launch of its revamped and renamed U-verse Mobile application [App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/u-verse-mobile/id312886438?mt=8)], bringing customers of the company's U-verse television service the ability to not only schedule DVR recordings remotely but also to download selected TV content for viewing on their iOS devices.U-verse Mobile replaces the popular Mobile Remote Access for iPhone app and incorporates the ability to browse the U-verse TV program guide, view program descriptions, schedule and manage your DVR recordings, while adding the ability to download available episodes over any Wi-Fi connection, and watch them in full-screen mode on your iPhone from anywhere. U-verse TV customers already enjoy the flexibility of remote DVR management. More than 100,000 U-verse TV customers use the Web and Mobile Remote Access apps every month.
"We're making it possible for you to watch TV shows on your iPhone at no extra charge. It's just one more valuable and innovative feature available on U-verse TV," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "Our U-verse multi-screen promise is now a reality for millions of U-verse TV customers, with content available on U-verse TV, U-verse Online, and today, U-verse Mobile. No cable provider comes close to matching the cross-platform experience we're delivering today, and we'll continue to add unique features that further integrate these screens."The new download service is available to customers subscribing to AT&T's U300 package or higher. Content is currently available from "several popular networks" with more networks to be added over time.
AT&T's U-verse application launched (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/06/18/atandts-u-verse-iphone-application-appears-in-app-store/) a little over a year ago and offered remote DVR scheduling. The company had been rumored (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2008/09/16/atandt-working-on-iphone-u-verse-integration/) to be working on a more substantial integration (http://www.macrumors.com/2009/03/23/more-details-on-next-generation-iphone-3g-netbook-due-this-summer/) of U-verse with the iPhone. But even now, users are restricted to downloading content from AT&T's mobile library of shows rather than direct live integration with the customer's DVR.
Article Link: Revamped AT&T App Allows U-Verse Subscribers to Download Select TV Content (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/08/09/revamped-atandt-app-allows-u-verse-subscribers-to-download-select-tv-content/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/08/09/142235-u-verse_1.jpg http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/08/09/142235-u-verse_2.jpg
AT&T today announced (http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=18230&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=31017) the launch of its revamped and renamed U-verse Mobile application [App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/u-verse-mobile/id312886438?mt=8)], bringing customers of the company's U-verse television service the ability to not only schedule DVR recordings remotely but also to download selected TV content for viewing on their iOS devices.U-verse Mobile replaces the popular Mobile Remote Access for iPhone app and incorporates the ability to browse the U-verse TV program guide, view program descriptions, schedule and manage your DVR recordings, while adding the ability to download available episodes over any Wi-Fi connection, and watch them in full-screen mode on your iPhone from anywhere. U-verse TV customers already enjoy the flexibility of remote DVR management. More than 100,000 U-verse TV customers use the Web and Mobile Remote Access apps every month.
"We're making it possible for you to watch TV shows on your iPhone at no extra charge. It's just one more valuable and innovative feature available on U-verse TV," said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. "Our U-verse multi-screen promise is now a reality for millions of U-verse TV customers, with content available on U-verse TV, U-verse Online, and today, U-verse Mobile. No cable provider comes close to matching the cross-platform experience we're delivering today, and we'll continue to add unique features that further integrate these screens."The new download service is available to customers subscribing to AT&T's U300 package or higher. Content is currently available from "several popular networks" with more networks to be added over time.
AT&T's U-verse application launched (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/06/18/atandts-u-verse-iphone-application-appears-in-app-store/) a little over a year ago and offered remote DVR scheduling. The company had been rumored (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2008/09/16/atandt-working-on-iphone-u-verse-integration/) to be working on a more substantial integration (http://www.macrumors.com/2009/03/23/more-details-on-next-generation-iphone-3g-netbook-due-this-summer/) of U-verse with the iPhone. But even now, users are restricted to downloading content from AT&T's mobile library of shows rather than direct live integration with the customer's DVR.
Article Link: Revamped AT&T App Allows U-Verse Subscribers to Download Select TV Content (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/08/09/revamped-atandt-app-allows-u-verse-subscribers-to-download-select-tv-content/)
AdeFowler
Apr 28, 05:33 AM
I�m a big fan of DupeGuru.
http://www.hardcoded.net/dupeguru/
http://www.hardcoded.net/dupeguru/
daneoni
Apr 29, 09:28 PM
I was able to salvage the instal by booting into SL and finding the .pkg called "lionswupdate.pkg" in the updates folder of the root library. I ran it in SL and selected the lion partition as the target. I am back up and running.
Could you provide the exact file path to this pkg file because there is no such pkg in my updates folder. Mine updated successfully but simply refuses to boot. It freezes at the Apple logo spinning gears screen and the gears just stop spinning and fans ramp up.
Edit: Nevermind. Just gonna nuke the entire partition. Twas fun whilst it lasted.
Could you provide the exact file path to this pkg file because there is no such pkg in my updates folder. Mine updated successfully but simply refuses to boot. It freezes at the Apple logo spinning gears screen and the gears just stop spinning and fans ramp up.
Edit: Nevermind. Just gonna nuke the entire partition. Twas fun whilst it lasted.
David87
Apr 29, 06:24 PM
Hi,
Just setting up a new iPhone for my father, who has (under my poor watchful eye!) clicked the 'Never Register' button on iTunes when plugging the phone in. Is there a way of registering it still through iTunes? Many thanks!
Oh, and I've tried restoring it to its factory settings and even that doesn't bring the registration screen back!
Just setting up a new iPhone for my father, who has (under my poor watchful eye!) clicked the 'Never Register' button on iTunes when plugging the phone in. Is there a way of registering it still through iTunes? Many thanks!
Oh, and I've tried restoring it to its factory settings and even that doesn't bring the registration screen back!
gnasher729
Mar 31, 10:38 AM
How does that make the 4th gen better? Even if you don't use the video camera, the 5th gen had a larger screen, fm radio, and other features. How can it be inferior when it has everything the 4th gen did plus more? At least people can make the argument that the 6th gen is better because it's smaller and has the clip, but the 4th gen really doesn't have any advantage over the 5th.
Apple is quite interesting in selling products that people end up buying. I _bought_ the 5th gen nano to a large degree because it has a video camera and radio and plays movies. I then didn't actually use any of these to any serious degree, but that's what made me buy it. And that's why Apple put these features into the iPod. Lots of people bought the new nano because of the small size and the touchscreen. In two years time, Apple can release a bigger nano again with a huge battery and people will buy it.
If Apple didn't change products, you would buy a new iPod after many many years only when the old one breaks down. Buy changing the iPod models, Apple sells more. I wouldn't want to know the number of iPods bought as Christmas presents that wouldn't be bought if the model didn't change. At this point in time, Apple has to make iPods that existing iPod owners will buy even when they have a perfectly fine working iPod already.
Apple is quite interesting in selling products that people end up buying. I _bought_ the 5th gen nano to a large degree because it has a video camera and radio and plays movies. I then didn't actually use any of these to any serious degree, but that's what made me buy it. And that's why Apple put these features into the iPod. Lots of people bought the new nano because of the small size and the touchscreen. In two years time, Apple can release a bigger nano again with a huge battery and people will buy it.
If Apple didn't change products, you would buy a new iPod after many many years only when the old one breaks down. Buy changing the iPod models, Apple sells more. I wouldn't want to know the number of iPods bought as Christmas presents that wouldn't be bought if the model didn't change. At this point in time, Apple has to make iPods that existing iPod owners will buy even when they have a perfectly fine working iPod already.
OutSpoken
Mar 31, 08:38 AM
I think the difference in screen size is really not very much. I confess I completely forgot about the FM radio and that is a nice feature. IMO as a music player, the 4th gen looks attractive to me because the absence of the video camera makes it less expensive. YMMV.
I own a 5G and GF owns the 4G, IMO I think the screen size on the 5G is a significant improvement over the 4th. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for my 5th, but I'm sure it wasn't that much over the 4th..maybe �10/$10 more??
Simply put, the 5th gen nano was/is awesome!
One of the few Apple products where value overweighed price. Apple realised this and created the 6G gen:D Joking (sort of)
I own a 5G and GF owns the 4G, IMO I think the screen size on the 5G is a significant improvement over the 4th. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for my 5th, but I'm sure it wasn't that much over the 4th..maybe �10/$10 more??
Simply put, the 5th gen nano was/is awesome!
One of the few Apple products where value overweighed price. Apple realised this and created the 6G gen:D Joking (sort of)
mrgreen4242
Mar 30, 01:20 PM
<snip> This is not an RPG, more like an open ended adventure game.
In any case to answer your question, yes, Oblivion is as open ended as you think.
That actually sounds more fun than an RPG to me. :p I love adventure games, like the original Zelda, before it became overly puzzle based, and Diablo, etc.
Thanks guys, I think I'm going to have to check this one out... on a 360, though, as I have no desire to build a gaming PC or spend the required money on a Mac capable of running it via Boot Camp.
In any case to answer your question, yes, Oblivion is as open ended as you think.
That actually sounds more fun than an RPG to me. :p I love adventure games, like the original Zelda, before it became overly puzzle based, and Diablo, etc.
Thanks guys, I think I'm going to have to check this one out... on a 360, though, as I have no desire to build a gaming PC or spend the required money on a Mac capable of running it via Boot Camp.
Mic2904
Mar 27, 03:27 PM
Guys,
Quick question: how can I change the time? I did set up my account with uk -6 hours and would like to change.
Thanks
Markus
Quick question: how can I change the time? I did set up my account with uk -6 hours and would like to change.
Thanks
Markus
CarlsonCustoms
Mar 4, 07:17 PM
I was on the totally rad show folding team but now on my PS3 i switched over to my mac brethren.
Let's find a cure,
GO TEAM
Zack
Let's find a cure,
GO TEAM
Zack
Rhino420
Apr 30, 08:37 PM
Got a quick questions see if anyone can help me out...I have a mbp with a 250gb hdd My wife has a mb with 250hd both of our hds have about 89gb used. but my time capsule is saying its only got 22gb left of 500gb. Im trying to figure out why my time capusle is full? only other file on it is my picture backup which is 24gbs. Also my time-machine back up is showing a 259gb file size and her backup is showing a 187gb filesize it makes no sense to me. Can anyone help me out with this?... anyone know if the time machine back up the whole drive even though only 89gb of them are used? hope some one can help me shed some light on this situations thank!
cb911
Sep 9, 06:52 AM
sweet! this is an awesome idea, should be very useful. :D
it's kind of funny looking at the page powerbook.macrumors.com, i mean there's so many rumors there, even going back to March 8th!
it's kind of funny looking at the page powerbook.macrumors.com, i mean there's so many rumors there, even going back to March 8th!
G5Unit
Sep 24, 12:24 PM
I have an X800XT and it owns in everything even on a not so fast G5. X850XT for sure.
snickelfritz
Mar 24, 12:50 AM
It's probably a good idea to log in as root prior to moving the Users directory.
Moving a directory that is in use might cause problems.
The process for moving Users to another partition is the same as moving it to a second drive. (you will probably not experience any improvement in disk performance though)
Jazzbo's detailed explanation for using Terminal to relocate Users directory. (http://www.macgurus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18789)
Moving a directory that is in use might cause problems.
The process for moving Users to another partition is the same as moving it to a second drive. (you will probably not experience any improvement in disk performance though)
Jazzbo's detailed explanation for using Terminal to relocate Users directory. (http://www.macgurus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18789)
niter
Apr 29, 08:39 AM
I am having some issues streaming music through AirPlay to my AirPort Express. We have a first run AirPort Express (circa 2004) and it has never been anything short of impressive. Plug it in, it works.
Last night, we tried hooking it up and communicating with it. No dice. It was reset, though now, I realize that there are several types of resets (soft, hard, factory) and I am not certain which the hubby did. The end result was being able to connect to the AirPort Express' network but not to sign on with AirPlay. AirPlay recognizes it as an option but dulls it out for selection and has a picture of a satellite dish with a lock on it. The AirPort Express cycles through blinking amber and green. I've never had *any* issues, so I am stumped.:confused:
Last night, we tried hooking it up and communicating with it. No dice. It was reset, though now, I realize that there are several types of resets (soft, hard, factory) and I am not certain which the hubby did. The end result was being able to connect to the AirPort Express' network but not to sign on with AirPlay. AirPlay recognizes it as an option but dulls it out for selection and has a picture of a satellite dish with a lock on it. The AirPort Express cycles through blinking amber and green. I've never had *any* issues, so I am stumped.:confused:
charlyee
Mar 24, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't. You could delete the unused videos inside the event. But you'll still need the videos in the event in order to edit later.Oops! Runs to go rummaging in the Trash. :o
Thanks They should be in Home Folder/Movies/iMovie Projects/your movie name. That file is a package containing the various formats of your project. You can just delete that file, or right(ctrl) click to have a look inside.
In iMovie if you delete just your Project and leave the Events, you can redo a project again, but if you delete just the Events, then the associated Project won't run.Thanks very much, I got my events back and deleted the projects. :)
Thanks for the info on where the different formats are hiding.
Thanks They should be in Home Folder/Movies/iMovie Projects/your movie name. That file is a package containing the various formats of your project. You can just delete that file, or right(ctrl) click to have a look inside.
In iMovie if you delete just your Project and leave the Events, you can redo a project again, but if you delete just the Events, then the associated Project won't run.Thanks very much, I got my events back and deleted the projects. :)
Thanks for the info on where the different formats are hiding.
No comments:
Post a Comment