jayhawk11
Mar 27, 11:21 PM
"Dev previews from Demonoid" have the same hash so that is not the issue of any problems.
So stop being a douche trying to convert this thread into a piracy discussion.
We're gonna play a game.
Let's assume that he is in the developer program. That would mean that he has access to the Developer Forums. After all, any person that has legitimate access to the Developer Preview would be able to post there. He could just ask around on there to see if anyone else has had a similar issue, maybe they will have a solution.
Ready to play?
how do i get log of it
and i dont have acces to the developer forum
Damn. Well that game was fun while it lasted, wasn't it? :rolleyes:
This is exactly why Apple doesn't do public betas of iOS or Mac OS X.
So stop being a douche trying to convert this thread into a piracy discussion.
We're gonna play a game.
Let's assume that he is in the developer program. That would mean that he has access to the Developer Forums. After all, any person that has legitimate access to the Developer Preview would be able to post there. He could just ask around on there to see if anyone else has had a similar issue, maybe they will have a solution.
Ready to play?
how do i get log of it
and i dont have acces to the developer forum
Damn. Well that game was fun while it lasted, wasn't it? :rolleyes:
This is exactly why Apple doesn't do public betas of iOS or Mac OS X.
skerfoot
Mar 17, 11:01 AM
Sorry for the clearly noob question. I�ve read through other recent threads on Lion server and the xserve etc., and I�m not really sure that I know much more than I started.
I have been managing a very simple OSX Server in a research lab, and I�m looking to set up a new one in the near future. The current setup is a Mac Pro running OSX Server, with several rack-mounted large RAID drives (both eSATA and FW800) and a backup-UPS battery powersource. The primary function is to have a central storage space for large amounts of imaging and other data available to multiple machines both locally and off-site. Perhaps it�s working as our own mini cloud for 20 or so users. We also manage a common iCal and Address Book on the server, but its primary function is data storage and network sharing of the data.
As I�m in a position to start over again to put together a new system, I�ve been looking at options. xServe is gone, and from reading the thread on the Active SAN metadata controller I don�t think that it is what I�m looking for (right?). If I understand correctly, Lion will have some relatively simple server features (likely) built in.
These are my questions:
1) Since data sharing it the primary function, is a server really what I want? I know I could do something with a simpler networked storage device, but it seems to me that a server does a better job of controlling access and managing multiple RAID drives.
2) I have some experience with OSX Server, but no experience with any other sort. Should I be looking outside the Mac-verse for a simple data-sharing server that will work for both Macs and PCs.
3) Is a Mac Mini running server a viable option? One advantage is that I could mount this to a rack. Still have to find some sort of power backup solution. My main concern is the speed by which the data can be shared over the network with other machines. I suspect that the real bottleneck is the network connection, not the mini, but I�m a noob and guessing here. It seems to me that the method used to connect a mini to the RAID drives would also impact this seriously. I don�t see any eSATA ports on the mini, and that should be the fastest, right?
I know that there are a lot of serious server administrators here, and these sorts of noob questions are likely very na�ve. I appreciate any advice.
Thanks
I have been managing a very simple OSX Server in a research lab, and I�m looking to set up a new one in the near future. The current setup is a Mac Pro running OSX Server, with several rack-mounted large RAID drives (both eSATA and FW800) and a backup-UPS battery powersource. The primary function is to have a central storage space for large amounts of imaging and other data available to multiple machines both locally and off-site. Perhaps it�s working as our own mini cloud for 20 or so users. We also manage a common iCal and Address Book on the server, but its primary function is data storage and network sharing of the data.
As I�m in a position to start over again to put together a new system, I�ve been looking at options. xServe is gone, and from reading the thread on the Active SAN metadata controller I don�t think that it is what I�m looking for (right?). If I understand correctly, Lion will have some relatively simple server features (likely) built in.
These are my questions:
1) Since data sharing it the primary function, is a server really what I want? I know I could do something with a simpler networked storage device, but it seems to me that a server does a better job of controlling access and managing multiple RAID drives.
2) I have some experience with OSX Server, but no experience with any other sort. Should I be looking outside the Mac-verse for a simple data-sharing server that will work for both Macs and PCs.
3) Is a Mac Mini running server a viable option? One advantage is that I could mount this to a rack. Still have to find some sort of power backup solution. My main concern is the speed by which the data can be shared over the network with other machines. I suspect that the real bottleneck is the network connection, not the mini, but I�m a noob and guessing here. It seems to me that the method used to connect a mini to the RAID drives would also impact this seriously. I don�t see any eSATA ports on the mini, and that should be the fastest, right?
I know that there are a lot of serious server administrators here, and these sorts of noob questions are likely very na�ve. I appreciate any advice.
Thanks
BigKyle
May 4, 09:49 PM
I can't possibly think I'm the only person to want to use these two apps...
celo48
Jan 17, 11:27 AM
Thanks!
GFLPraxis
Mar 28, 03:39 PM
Sega is developing? This makes me sad.
Miyamoto supervising? This makes me happy.
Miyamoto supervising? This makes me happy.
peskaa
Oct 14, 07:33 AM
That's the pits ;)
Just dig deep, I'm sure there's better jokes out there.
Just dig deep, I'm sure there's better jokes out there.
edesignuk
Sep 23, 05:38 PM
why can't america get topless girls in newspapers :(:eek: The great land of the free doesn't get titties with their morning paper??? *shocking*
dejo
Apr 8, 09:21 AM
If you use a modal view, and configure it properly, it will slide in for you.
JackAxe
Apr 26, 04:34 PM
Normally I would be... but now not so much.
If the rumors of controller / touchscreen are true then that inevitably must be a pretty expensive controller.
Also 1080p on my TV, with a controller in my hand for touchy screen goodness - Apple ipad and other tablets are all going to be offering this before Nintendo get there. Yes Project Cafe may offer much better graphics than this generation of ipad and tablets, but it will be launching with iPad 3 and Tegra 3+ tablets.
Im interested in what's going to happen, but not overly excited simply because the Wii was my biggest disappointment console wise of this generation.
There were a ton of Nintendo Revolution rumors about touch-screens and we know how that paned out.
Nintendo was the only console maker this generation. The others were closer to generic PCs with the software to match. My only disappointment was the overall stupidity of 3rd party developers that made narrow minded assumptions about the Wii early on and did as little as possible to support it.
If the rumors of controller / touchscreen are true then that inevitably must be a pretty expensive controller.
Also 1080p on my TV, with a controller in my hand for touchy screen goodness - Apple ipad and other tablets are all going to be offering this before Nintendo get there. Yes Project Cafe may offer much better graphics than this generation of ipad and tablets, but it will be launching with iPad 3 and Tegra 3+ tablets.
Im interested in what's going to happen, but not overly excited simply because the Wii was my biggest disappointment console wise of this generation.
There were a ton of Nintendo Revolution rumors about touch-screens and we know how that paned out.
Nintendo was the only console maker this generation. The others were closer to generic PCs with the software to match. My only disappointment was the overall stupidity of 3rd party developers that made narrow minded assumptions about the Wii early on and did as little as possible to support it.
Merkava_4
Apr 14, 12:57 PM
Old news? They just broadcasted the story yesterday. :confused:
DedOnArrival
May 4, 11:25 PM
Calling Mac heads and Music heads!
Nothing too big..just need some specific and easy info on how to do something.
I am going to be using ustream to broadcast a radio station {seeing in how ustream is free}. I read this article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2055197/step_by_step_instructions_on_starting.html?cat=3 - which states step-by-step what to do to create and get the ball rolling on such a project, but the guy is using a PC. Ugh. Gross.
I currently have a Numark NS7 Dj Turntable system and thought maybe I could hook that up and make it work as a mixer of sorts, but I tested that idea and it did not seem to work out how I thought. Anyone know if I am going to need to buy an external mixer? Is there a Mac program I can download? Any info would help.
Thanks in advance!
Nothing too big..just need some specific and easy info on how to do something.
I am going to be using ustream to broadcast a radio station {seeing in how ustream is free}. I read this article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2055197/step_by_step_instructions_on_starting.html?cat=3 - which states step-by-step what to do to create and get the ball rolling on such a project, but the guy is using a PC. Ugh. Gross.
I currently have a Numark NS7 Dj Turntable system and thought maybe I could hook that up and make it work as a mixer of sorts, but I tested that idea and it did not seem to work out how I thought. Anyone know if I am going to need to buy an external mixer? Is there a Mac program I can download? Any info would help.
Thanks in advance!
Reflow
May 6, 08:31 AM
Unfortunately I have tried all steps suggested and it goes to the initial apple logo on white screen and then looks like its thinking about something but does nothing more. I do not have the disks with me is there anything else I can do?
Might as well call apple to get replacement cd's or maybe find a set on eBay. Or you can find someone with the same model as you have and use them to fix your drive.
You could get the 29 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD and try it with that.
It all depends on what OS version is on the machine, the upgrade DVD most likely will not work. You will need the original DVD that came with the unit. Apple changed the way you can install the OS, as in you can't install an OS that was lower then what is was shipped with.....
Might as well call apple to get replacement cd's or maybe find a set on eBay. Or you can find someone with the same model as you have and use them to fix your drive.
You could get the 29 USD Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD and try it with that.
It all depends on what OS version is on the machine, the upgrade DVD most likely will not work. You will need the original DVD that came with the unit. Apple changed the way you can install the OS, as in you can't install an OS that was lower then what is was shipped with.....
fel10
Apr 26, 06:21 PM
The way he is dressed doesn't really mean a thing. I have friends that are very fortunate to have a nice pay check at the end of the month, but they dress like they live on the street.
Flying Llama
Aug 14, 02:12 PM
Nothing amazing.
mikesonu
Apr 21, 11:30 AM
Have gone through several weeks of Outlook 2007 reporting that the PST file is damaged, for no apparent reason. Have tried letting Outlook PST Repair (http://www.repair-outlook-pst-file.com) itself with no success and also leaving Outlook open so that the program shuts down in a more controlled manner with Vista SP1 on closing down the PC for that session, again with no success. Running SCANPST has provided patchy success (50/50) and slows things down whilst running. What seems to have worked is setting Outlook to Send/Recieve on Exit (via 'Tools', 'Options', 'Mail Setup', 'Send/Receive', tick 'Perform an automatic send/receive when exiting').
TheAnswer
Jan 9, 10:24 AM
I was watching the 'keynote' Bill Gates.. says.. "It's better than going back in Time".
I thought the exact thing he said was "It's almost better than going back it Time."
The word "almost" lets them off the hook when Time Machine blows their feature away.
I thought the exact thing he said was "It's almost better than going back it Time."
The word "almost" lets them off the hook when Time Machine blows their feature away.
DdMac679
Aug 14, 04:26 PM
Nooooooooooo! The second one wasn't the same experience as the first but it's 100% no doubt worth a playthrough at least. the multiplayer is so different and crazy that i couldn't stop playing for weeks after it came out. it's worth it if you liked the first one.
The MP sucked for BS2, but I did like the SP.
The MP sucked for BS2, but I did like the SP.
GT41
Apr 9, 11:22 AM
Hey Guys... I'm really sorry I disappeared.
I totally forgot to check. I'm still here somewhere... if no-one has put a new one up yet I'll do it in a sec.
I'm very surprised at having won.
I totally forgot to check. I'm still here somewhere... if no-one has put a new one up yet I'll do it in a sec.
I'm very surprised at having won.
hammerg26
Apr 8, 12:37 PM
Good question - specs follow:
MacBook Pro
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram
250 GB HDD
Those are the most general specs - not sure how to get more data... but let me know if needed.
Is going refurb a bad idea? I was thinking that as soon as I use it, it is "used" anyway...
MacBook Pro
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram
250 GB HDD
Those are the most general specs - not sure how to get more data... but let me know if needed.
Is going refurb a bad idea? I was thinking that as soon as I use it, it is "used" anyway...
dejo
Apr 28, 09:19 AM
Sticky: Looking for a developer / Requests for developers (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=604011)
killuminati
Sep 15, 02:45 PM
That is hilarious!!!
I would do that with some friends if it wasn't so expensive.
I would do that with some friends if it wasn't so expensive.
josephfarran
Jun 30, 07:13 PM
Ironic that the 10.6.4 update breaks CS5, when the prevention of CS3 crashing was listed as one of it's bug fixes.
macOSX-tastic
Sep 15, 09:37 AM
i would never trust anything with a name like that! obviously the people at cillit bang HQ (Conjurs up visions of dr. evil and co) have too much spare time on their hands!
metanoia
Jun 21, 12:43 AM
Any Marina peeps out there? Starbucks opens at 5, so I figure i'll be in line by 5:10. Thankfully, this store is only a short walk...
No comments:
Post a Comment