DPA123
Apr 24, 10:46 PM
Maybe its a problem with the particular wifi router?
You try it when connected at a different place?
Hmmm - not yet, good though will try...
You try it when connected at a different place?
Hmmm - not yet, good though will try...
iBlue
Apr 7, 10:48 AM
I'm of two minds, which I don't think are really all that incompatible.
The cynical pragmatist side says, "hope in one hand and crap in the other, and see which piles up first." Hoping things work out is no substitute for doing something, anything, to make them work out. I grew up around people who took "hope" to suggest they should just let everything go and trust "God" to make their lives work out as "He" sees fit, and that passive attitude disgusts me.
On the other hand, hope is the counterpoint to despair and resignation that the worst will happen despite what we do. Hope can encourage us to take positive action when we would otherwise be discouraged into complacency by the perceived likelihood of failure. I have seen too many people with negative attitudes who have an almost uncanny tendency to get exactly what they expect out of life. Depressive fatalism likewise disgusts me.
The common thread, of course, is that hope is valuable to exactly the extent it gets you off your ass and into the game. Whatever encourages that is a virtue; whatever discourages it a vice.
As for my own sources and objects of hope, that's a bit too personal for PRSI.
Fantastic post... one of MANY! Though it's a terribly embarrassing cop-out, I really couldn't put it any better so I don't dare try, it's hopeless. :p
*curtsies*
The cynical pragmatist side says, "hope in one hand and crap in the other, and see which piles up first." Hoping things work out is no substitute for doing something, anything, to make them work out. I grew up around people who took "hope" to suggest they should just let everything go and trust "God" to make their lives work out as "He" sees fit, and that passive attitude disgusts me.
On the other hand, hope is the counterpoint to despair and resignation that the worst will happen despite what we do. Hope can encourage us to take positive action when we would otherwise be discouraged into complacency by the perceived likelihood of failure. I have seen too many people with negative attitudes who have an almost uncanny tendency to get exactly what they expect out of life. Depressive fatalism likewise disgusts me.
The common thread, of course, is that hope is valuable to exactly the extent it gets you off your ass and into the game. Whatever encourages that is a virtue; whatever discourages it a vice.
As for my own sources and objects of hope, that's a bit too personal for PRSI.
Fantastic post... one of MANY! Though it's a terribly embarrassing cop-out, I really couldn't put it any better so I don't dare try, it's hopeless. :p
*curtsies*

GreyMatta
May 3, 01:07 PM
I notcied after having it for only a few days that there are two small scratches on the screen of my iPad, I've been extremely careful with it, its either in its case or in my hands so this is rather annoying. Does anyone know of any handy way to repair them?
As a general rule you cant really polish scratches out of glass especially if you can feel them with your fingernail (it is a lot of hard work and often causes distortion in the glass) plus I believe the iPad has an olyophobic (spelling) coating that you will rub off if you try to polish it
I would just live with it :)
p.s. I have been in the glass trade for over 13 years
As a general rule you cant really polish scratches out of glass especially if you can feel them with your fingernail (it is a lot of hard work and often causes distortion in the glass) plus I believe the iPad has an olyophobic (spelling) coating that you will rub off if you try to polish it
I would just live with it :)
p.s. I have been in the glass trade for over 13 years
Blackheart
Mar 15, 03:11 PM
Quite a conundrum there. So it turns on alright and such but doesn't respond to the USB ports is all? Do you have another Mac around?
mpe
May 5, 02:25 PM
Cool, so the answer is 'probably'. :) I'd be interested to know if anyone who has one can verify.
At least mine doesn't:
imac:~ MPE$ sudo ifconfig en0 mtu 9000
ifconfig: ioctl (set mtu): Invalid argument
At least mine doesn't:
imac:~ MPE$ sudo ifconfig en0 mtu 9000
ifconfig: ioctl (set mtu): Invalid argument
Bellamichelle
Apr 28, 01:25 PM
So I've been looking at apps that I've seen mentioed here and in other searches and hear good things about these
2 do
toodledo
awesome notes
Todo
and some that appear to be liked but have fewer features
wunderlist
Evernote
In some cases, I've seen reference to using two of them, saying I use Awesome Note with Todo.
I will admit to major confusion on if they do similar things, why do people use both and if they do, how do the interface?
The info on the app store is not detailed about how they work, more a features list.
I'm willing to pay for an app but I don't want to have to pay for it to figure out how it actually works. I have bought one, but it turned out to have few features and working with it helped me learn that I needed some of the features.
I appreciate any help.
michelle
2 do
toodledo
awesome notes
Todo
and some that appear to be liked but have fewer features
wunderlist
Evernote
In some cases, I've seen reference to using two of them, saying I use Awesome Note with Todo.
I will admit to major confusion on if they do similar things, why do people use both and if they do, how do the interface?
The info on the app store is not detailed about how they work, more a features list.
I'm willing to pay for an app but I don't want to have to pay for it to figure out how it actually works. I have bought one, but it turned out to have few features and working with it helped me learn that I needed some of the features.
I appreciate any help.
michelle
ghall
Jan 9, 09:54 AM
....that Time Machine REALLY IS a time machine!!!! :D
Wow, where did you get this inside information?
Wow, where did you get this inside information?
MBehr
Apr 1, 07:30 PM
Does Apple still do this? I have heard that you can get huge discounts on a Macbook Pro by subscribing to this instead of the student discount. However, I can't find anywhere on the website for it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
SthrnCmfrtr
Feb 1, 01:13 AM
Heh, I actually didn't care who the celebrity was. Just felt like posting on a thread that was already sold, plus notified mods to lock it but mods are apparently too busy to respond :rolleyes:.
I guess this is as good a place as any to hang out.
So... what's up? *nods slowly, contemplating life*
I guess this is as good a place as any to hang out.
So... what's up? *nods slowly, contemplating life*
walshlink
Mar 25, 03:40 AM
Send an email...they will issue you a new code.

his Sith Stalker project.

It plays before the Star Wars

Sith; Star Wars the Clone

Wondercon #39;11 – Sith Stalker

Tales of the Sith Lords mod

Official Name: Stalker Armor

SITH STALKER ARMOR: A LEGO®

Star Wars Wiki Sith

Sith Stalker - ProCustomizers
MarximusMG
Jul 27, 04:45 PM
The Sketch-a-Search app looks really useful! Might have to try that one out.
arkitect
Mar 23, 11:20 AM
RIP Indeed.
Not just a pretty face, she also used her star power to raise AIDS awareness when few would even go near that issue.
Not just a pretty face, she also used her star power to raise AIDS awareness when few would even go near that issue.
steve2112
Nov 23, 10:56 AM
I'm not a real big fan of Christmas albums, but I do have a few I like.
I love the Merry Axemas series (vol 1 and 2). Volume 1 is the best, but 2 is ok. It has people like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Joe Perry, and others playing the old favorites on guitar.
http://www.amazon.com/Merry-Axemas-Various-Artists/dp/B000002BP3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1258995046&sr=1-1
I also like a couple of the TSO albums. When I want something more laid back, I go for the Charlie Brown Christmas or any of the Elvis albums.
I love the Merry Axemas series (vol 1 and 2). Volume 1 is the best, but 2 is ok. It has people like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Joe Perry, and others playing the old favorites on guitar.
http://www.amazon.com/Merry-Axemas-Various-Artists/dp/B000002BP3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1258995046&sr=1-1
I also like a couple of the TSO albums. When I want something more laid back, I go for the Charlie Brown Christmas or any of the Elvis albums.
Nermal
Jul 19, 12:32 AM
I've got an iBook and have the Energy Saver set to put the display to sleep after 20 minutes or whatever. But I've noticed that if I've got my TV plugged in, when the iBook's display turns off, so does the TV output. How do I stop this from happening?
joefreelee
Dec 28, 10:50 PM
oh nice. I was looking for my own satnav maps. Thank you!
celticpride678
Jan 29, 09:42 AM
Can you start up in safe mode?
citizenzen
Apr 18, 05:16 PM
... can someone please help me out with creating a logo that looks like a wispy cloud ...
Let's talk about this for a moment. Logos need to have impact, both visually and symbolically. A wispy cloud doesn't seem to have either of these qualities.
What are you trying to say with your wispy cloud? Is there perhaps a better way to convey what you're hoping to convey?
Let's talk about this for a moment. Logos need to have impact, both visually and symbolically. A wispy cloud doesn't seem to have either of these qualities.
What are you trying to say with your wispy cloud? Is there perhaps a better way to convey what you're hoping to convey?
webznz
Apr 13, 10:51 PM
hi there i am wondering how you could stop copy/delete/paste in settings bundle UITextField?
arcsbite
Mar 12, 10:14 PM
You sound more like a xoom kinda guy to me.
applCore
May 3, 11:14 AM
Anyone else seeing serious Safari stability issues in DP2 Updates 0 through 2?
Having strange issues ranging from frequent crashes to command-key shortcuts not responding.
Having strange issues ranging from frequent crashes to command-key shortcuts not responding.
simsaladimbamba
Jan 30, 11:20 AM
Have you taken a look at Garage Band's tutorials yet?
http://www.apple.com/support/ilife/tutorials/garageband/index.html
You could also try Audacity.
Anyway, what you want to do is easy to accomplish if you at least know the programs a bit.
Btw, you could also use QuickTime Player X (if you have mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard), open song 1, trim* it and save it as song 1a, then do the same to song 2, 3 and 4 and then later combine the songs in QT Player again. Or Audacity. Or Garage Band.
* Change IN and OUT points, meaning cutting something from the beginning and from the end.
http://www.apple.com/support/ilife/tutorials/garageband/index.html
You could also try Audacity.
Anyway, what you want to do is easy to accomplish if you at least know the programs a bit.
Btw, you could also use QuickTime Player X (if you have mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard), open song 1, trim* it and save it as song 1a, then do the same to song 2, 3 and 4 and then later combine the songs in QT Player again. Or Audacity. Or Garage Band.
* Change IN and OUT points, meaning cutting something from the beginning and from the end.
idkew
Sep 7, 11:18 AM
I, for one, waisted my money on my Handspring Visor. I never use it.
The new thing is small phones that will take over PDA's work, as well as other tasks. These add on's, or built in's will prolly include a still and motion video camera, mp3 player, maybe a real time translator...........
The new thing is small phones that will take over PDA's work, as well as other tasks. These add on's, or built in's will prolly include a still and motion video camera, mp3 player, maybe a real time translator...........
Logik
Feb 8, 02:41 PM
This is definetly one piece of software I would like Apple to put into iLife. Monster stuff at present only uses Amazon and is pretty flakey for international support and more obscure material - which is the reason I have held back getting it.
from what i've heard 1.5 will address a few of these issues. they tried getting info from imdb but they license it out all weird and blah blah blah.. check out their blog (VERY bottom of the front page they have a link in small letters) for more details
from what i've heard 1.5 will address a few of these issues. they tried getting info from imdb but they license it out all weird and blah blah blah.. check out their blog (VERY bottom of the front page they have a link in small letters) for more details
aicul
Mar 26, 11:49 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to get a grip with who is using my osx server. Not that I think it is abused but there are some things I cannot clarify.
My understanding is that connections should be counted by "service", and the serveradmin/overview only gives a cryptical information of "connected users" and a number (in my case 2).
Then I look in serveradmin/access I see my users as well as 2 mysterious users called something like "474311CA-E4E0-4C2A-9E9F-xxxx".
So I googled "connected users" and the best detailed listing of connected users was using "serveradmin command afp:command = getConnectedUsers" in terminal.
But this is still confusing. Is there a way to find out
1. who is connected to what service
2. what those mysterious users are doing in the server
I'm trying to get a grip with who is using my osx server. Not that I think it is abused but there are some things I cannot clarify.
My understanding is that connections should be counted by "service", and the serveradmin/overview only gives a cryptical information of "connected users" and a number (in my case 2).
Then I look in serveradmin/access I see my users as well as 2 mysterious users called something like "474311CA-E4E0-4C2A-9E9F-xxxx".
So I googled "connected users" and the best detailed listing of connected users was using "serveradmin command afp:command = getConnectedUsers" in terminal.
But this is still confusing. Is there a way to find out
1. who is connected to what service
2. what those mysterious users are doing in the server
No comments:
Post a Comment